All members that sale chickens for profit (ha) please answer me this..

Buff Orpington, GA
smile.png

I have sold all of my birds lately except my BBS cochins and am wanting to know what breed I might want to start over with. I think for my area the best sellers would be either barred rocks or buff orps.

Mandy I think you would do fine with Orpingtons, Barred Rocks or an Easter Egger flock. Just my 2 cents.
big_smile.png
Have you considered Brahmas? My Brahma is my best layer. She laid thru the winter. The only time she stopped was to molt. Russell's Farm supply in Collierville sell RIRs the most of any other breed. I hope this helps.

Adam!!!!! I have thought about the brahmas, but am looking for something that doesn't take SO dang long to grow out. I have spoken to several people that set up at local flea markets and such that do sell LOTS of birds and they tell me RIR, BR and Buff's. I know that when I hatched out 600 RIR last Spring, NOBODY wanted a red chicken!! I like to have NEVER sold all those reds, and it had nothing to do with the chickens they were fat, healthy and really good birds from great stock. I do know that whatever I start over with, I want GOOD stock to start from. Now it's just decideing what I DO want, and finding the eggs to get started with. Thanks for all the input so far.

in my opion you can probably sell BC marans the best but you can sell any breed that has a good show history

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom