h4ppy-chris

Songster
8 Years
Oct 3, 2011
burnley, UK
hi all
thanks to everyone for all your post that as helped me to get as far as i am
wink.png

18 eggs now on day 22, 1st one pip at 11pm yesterday i stayed up till 2am and heard my first peep my heart melted
big_smile.png

all i could think and say to and egg was am out here for you come out lol.
well 12 hours on only a little hole an a few peeps no more eggs have piped as yet.
regards chris

Excellent, Chris! Congratulations!

Remember to clean out your incubator really good at the end of this hatch ... I'll give you two weeks of hiatus, and I'll bet you'll be firing it up again. Just speculation.
wink.png

Mine only holds three at a time ... I would love to be able to be a part of such a big hatch! What kind of chicks do you have? Have you posted the video yet?

Again, congratulations! The wait is over, and now the fun part can start!

Quote:
cheers Cherstin
not done the vid yet but i will later been busy sorting brooder out and watching my new babe recking my bator lol.
9 are naked necks and i have forgot the name of the others i will fined out.
gona try and put some pics up

108326_dsc_3654.jpg

108326_dsc_3655.jpg

108326_dsc_3656.jpg

108326_dsc_3657.jpg

Last edited:
video now can be seen here, can't wait for my 2 boys to come home and watch it
smile.png
is there a way to put the viewing screen here so you can just watch it with out going of this site?

If there is, I'm not sure how to post video. Good luck in finding out.
smile.png

Chris, just a quick suggestion ... your brooder setup is awesome (!!!) but you may want to add marbles or small stones to the bottom ring of your water dish. I've seen chicks drown in waterers, as they can get excited and trample one another's heads into the water. I've had it happen years ago in a tiny ceramic dish/cup meant for hamsters.

Thanks for the additional pics! I have 17 days left, so I'm beginning to start thinking about a brooder. Congrats again and best of luck!

thanks
smile.png

just been and bought some marbles and put them in
wink.png
the water hight was only about 7mm deep so i thought i would be ok, best to play it safe
big_smile.png

Im in the same boat as you!!! one egg has hatched with 20 more to go on day 22!! Makes you melt eh?!? We have red and black sexlinks, plymoth rocks, leghorns, 3 banties and a male/female americana. She hasnt started to lay yet but I want to hatch every egg she lays hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom