Alli - Has anyone used it? Have you been succesful?

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
I have read the reviews.. but since I dont trust anyone I dont "know" I read all the GREAT reviews with a grain of salt.

So I am asking you all.
If you want to PM me with your story please do.

I want to loose about 50lbs. I currently walk about a mile and half three to four days a week. Plus take care of the horse(not a easy job) and all the house hold stuff. So I am very active. I eat well. Better in the summer admittedly.

I am looking at possible surgery this summer on my ankle to remove a bone chip. Will be discussing options with the doctor the 13th after he gets to look at the CT scan I am getting done this Friday. So I really want some assistance on the weight loss. But some of the reviews I have read just seem too incredible to be true.

OMG...this has got to be one of the WORST weight loss options available.

It is a fat blocker.

FAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU FAT!

So, blocking the thing that isn't the problem in the first place is unhealthy and counterproductive.

CARBOHYDRATES make you fat.

I lost 42 pounds by cutting out most (not all) carbs. I lost it pretty quickly and have kept it off almost 2 years so far.

I even cured my high blood pressure in the process.

As far as Alli goes...I try to avoid anything that lists RECTAL SEEPAGE as a possible side effect.

Last edited:
I have cut out the carbs. Had to when I was pregnant and never went back. Even with the exercise I am stuck and need help. Hence the question on Alli. Plus the faster I loose this weight the better. My plans for the summer ie actually getting to ride my horse, are pretty much toast now.

I know the body I had when I was in my 20s is lonnnnggg gone. But I need to loose some more of this weight. Having a sit down job doesnt help things much. It's bad enough the lady I work with thinks i am nuts because I wont call down stairs with questions. I get up and GO down to ask.

Quote:
fat will make you fat if all you eat is crap like McDonalds..weight loss is a lifestyle change..diets dont work because most diets you cannot stay on for the rest of your life..and who wants to count calories..look into beachbody.com...worked for hubby and I we lost over 40 lbs each,and built muscle and feel sooo much better,my hubby at 50 can do more situps,pushups and lift more weight then most 20 year olds(so can I for that matter)..but it is a commitment..and one you need to be loyal to the rest of your life..eating healthy,moving and muscle building are the way to go...the more muscle you have,the more food you can eat (again,healthyfood,not crap) ,there is no miracle pill that last forever..sorry,just good old fashioned hard work..and the picky leakage thing..just what a person needs when your stuck in traffic..I can tell you what you are doing now really isnt going to cut it..tho walking will work,you need to walk 5-6 miles a day 6 days a week.And your average household duties dont count as most people take breaks or slow down or stop and do something standing still so its not a continual workout..you need to keep the heart rate up for at least 30 minutes at a time to really get results.

I lost 40 lbs on Alli over the course of about 8 months. I kept on a pretty good diet low in fat and carbs. Yeah it was boring. I wasn't doing any extra exercise at the time. I started getting sloppy and eating some extra's. Mostly sweets high in fat and carbs. Figured the Alli would block most of the fat., but the carbs still get you. Gained it all back.

fat will make you fat if all you eat is crap like McDonalds

It isn't the fat that makes you fat...it is the bun, the french fries and the high fructose corn syrup in the drinks.

There is a man who did a documentary called "Fat Head" which is a response to "Super Size Me". He ate only at fast food restaurants and just avoided the carbs and sugar but still ate meat and fat. He LOST WEIGHT
big_smile.png

If you already cut the carbs and are still stuck, have you had your thyroid tested? Not just TSH, but free t3 and free t4?

You may also be one of those unlucky few (like me) that converts even the tiniest extra bit of protein in to glucose. A blood glucose monitor can give you the answer on that one.​

Last edited:
Thyroid is ok. I had that checked when I began exercising. Just in case.
Blood levels of everything are fine. Just had a screen done last week.

It's age catching up with me. And now that I am dealing with the ankle I dont know how much exercise I will be able to get. I changed my diet drastically after my "non heart attack" last Feb. Got the treadmill and have been walking. I have lost weight. But not enough for me to be happy with

Back
Top Bottom