Allie & Bino, the albino orpington chicks

Hatch mates. I love the colors even if they aren't standard. I know the Orpington purists wouldn't approve, by I raise to make myself happy. There is a third that looks black and blue, similar to the dark one here.

Oh my gawd I want one of the albino ones. They are so beautiful

I'm working on a breeding plan, lol. Mine is almost two weeks old, so I have some time.
It looks like lower than 1/16 odds right now of even getting one. The gene may be in some, but that means one more generation.

I'm also concerned about size. It appears it will be necessary to introduce some new blood and go through more generations if I even attempt to make a strain.

Hopefully in about a week I'll offer some eggs on the auction thread from my current flock for those interested in trying to produce them. I only get 3-6 a day from my flock, so it is a slow process, and may take several generations.

If chippy has a pair, she may be able to produce pure in the next generation. I hope for her sake.

I was wondering if Chippy could share some new pictures of the twins.  You know some to show how they are developing.  Also what are they being fed and any supplements or vitamins they may get.

Thanks!

Any info Chiques wants to add about his albino would be goo too!

I will get pics tomorrow, but I don't give any vitamins or supplements. I put them outside on warm days ( with access to shade of course ). I'm going to be drawing up plans for their tractor on friday, I'll post them when they're finished so you guys can see where they'll be living! :)

I'm working on a breeding plan, lol. Mine is almost two weeks old, so I have some time.
It looks like lower than 1/16 odds right now of even getting one. The gene may be in some, but that means one more generation.

I'm also concerned about size. It appears it will be necessary to introduce some new blood and go through more generations if I even attempt to make a strain.

Hopefully in about a week I'll offer some eggs on the auction thread from my current flock for those interested in trying to produce them. I only get 3-6 a day from my flock, so it is a slow process, and may take several generations.

If chippy has a pair, she may be able to produce pure in the next generation. I hope for her sake.

You should try to see whos eggs they are hatching out of. I clip the tails on my hens and when they step in the nest box I wait till they lay a egg and write the name of the hen on it. Just a thought for the next time you hatch out from that flock

You should try to see whos eggs they are hatching out of. I clip the tails on my hens and when they step in the nest box I wait till they lay a egg and write the name of the hen on it. Just a thought for the next time you hatch out from that flock

He works some pretty crazy hours. This won't work for him since he's not usually standing there to catch them laying.

Back
Top Bottom