Ameraucana Egg Laying “Schedule”?

Oh, I'm so sorry about Kung Fu. It's so sad when we lose one of our extended family members.

My Barnvelders are brown and black with varying degrees of each color. And the black on them has that iridescent blue sheen as well. I'm not sure if they come in all black, but I'm going off of the eyes, which seem to be bigger on Barnvelders than other chickens. I don't know that much about Black Australorp. Maybe the two breeds are related?
When I saw their chickens my first thought was Black Australorp obviously they are not my birds so I wouldn't know but I thought barnavelders had lacing? I don't know much about barnavelders so I could be very very wrong. But they look like black australorps to me but again wouldn't know for sure cause they are not mine :).

Really even though they are a solid black? They have an iridescent blue sheen in the light idk if that helps idk them...they’re all I have left now a fox found my beautiful blond Kung Fu the other day 😔
I am so so sorry! Losing a bird is so hard. Wishing you the best! :hugs

Thanks for clearing up about Barnvelders. I'm going to do some research about both breeds because they look so similar in so many ways. I'm willing to bet they originate from the same part of the world.

Oh, I'm so sorry about Kung Fu. It's so sad when we lose one of our extended family members.

My Barnvelders are brown and black with varying degrees of each color. And the black on them has that iridescent blue sheen as well. I'm not sure if they come in all black, but I'm going off of the eyes, which seem to be bigger on Barnvelders than other chickens. I don't know that much about Black Australorp. Maybe the two breeds are related?
I don’t know I’m going off their original ID when I called the Ameraucana I got them at Tractor Supply and they were all just labeled “pullets” no specific breed names. As for Kung Fu ya I’m definitely gonna miss her she got her name because she had a habit of just standing still and going “waaaaa” it was hilarious and she was my first and best egg layer. I’m still waiting for one of the black girls to start so now I’m lucky if I get 2 eggs a day.

Back
Top Bottom