American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
I am in the US. When search the internet for breeders all I get are people in the UK. But, I did find a Brecon goose club in Michigan. I'm going to catch them tonight and see if they have pink around there eyes too, also I read that Brecon's have Hazel eyes and American's have brown eyes. I'll check that while I'm at it.

Last edited:
I am in the US. When search the internet for breeders all I get are people in the UK. But, I did find a Brecon goose club in Michigan. I'm going to catch them tonight and see if they have pink around there eyes too, also I read that Brecon's have Hazel eyes and American's have brown eyes. I'll check that while I'm at it.
Let us know what you find out.

Well, after much chaos in the shed scooping them up. The pair do have pink flesh around the eyes I can't really tell with the shade of brown being that I can't really hold them side by side. Looking at them, also I can see they are slightly smaller built then the others as well. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here. Should I keep them separated during breeding season. I mean if they're different I don't want to be mixing the blood lines, that really doesn't help conserve the species, and that is what I was originally intent on doing.

One of my show quality female does have a pinker nose and feet than my other three, as well one of my ganders has blue eyes , when I asked a friend of mines father , who's worKs for the APA ( Anerican poultry association) in Waterfowl he told me that both of these traits are recessive, but when being in a show shouldn't be pinalized as this does occur sometimes in the pure bred Geese.

[COLOR=B22222]Well, after much chaos in the shed scooping them up. The pair do have pink flesh around the eyes I can't really tell with the shade of brown being that I can't really hold them side by side. Looking at them, also I can see they are slightly smaller built then the others as well. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here. Should I keep them separated during breeding season. I mean if they're different I don't want to be mixing the blood lines, that really doesn't help conserve the species, and that is what I was originally intent on doing.[/COLOR]
I would separate them just so you have 2 different lines to start with. I would assume they are American Buff. One of my 2 females is smaller and has a more pink colored beak.

Well, after much chaos in the shed scooping them up. The pair do have pink flesh around the eyes I can't really tell with the shade of brown being that I can't really hold them side by side. Looking at them, also I can see they are slightly smaller built then the others as well. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here. Should I keep them separated during breeding season. I mean if they're different I don't want to be mixing the blood lines, that really doesn't help conserve the species, and that is what I was originally intent on doing.

I would only breed the ones that meet the breed standard. Buff American geese aren't rare, so you can find other breeding stock. There's no point in passing on traits that you don't really want.

Last edited:
Me , well hopefully, and I can't keep any babies this year so yeah the ones I do hatch have to be sold soon, but that shouldn't be hard in selling the babies for only 15 dollars each while their parents are excellent show quality.

Back
Top Bottom