American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:Awww [​IMG] looks like a fun evening!!

[​IMG] Fun family night! Cute!

2. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:beautiful birds! So it's ok to breed two frizzles? I know it produces curlies (I have one from Juliette) but do people really want them? I am asking because I am overloaded on beautiful frizzle pairs right now and no smooth mates for them. How acceptable is this in the Serama world? I don't have a problem with it but would like some other opinions before I start pairing up my frizzles.

Ooooooh poor baby! She is kinda cute tho . I can see why you love her...and yep...that baby girl needs a hoodie!!! [​IMG]

3. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:They are non-vertical birds that have lost the genetic ability to grow the correct tails and wings.

How exactly do they lose the ability to grow correct tail and wing? I am a bit confused by that, would love an illustration of what u are talking about, the incorrect tail and incorrect wing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:They are non-vertical birds that have lost the genetic ability to grow the correct tails and wings.

How exactly do they lose the ability to grow correct tail and wing? I am a bit confused by that, would love an illustration of what u are talking about, the incorrect tail and incorrect wing.

She probably means the vertical tail and wing carriage. This is the first I've heard of it but I haven't looked into the different types much.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    my mottled roo taking grand champion and reserve at the GSSC fall extravaganza
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/austinjameshart/1112700.jpg

Austin, what are those little disk things? One is on like, blue slag..... are they little trophies? Because I LOVE THEM!

This year I got a neat giant trophy with a Chicken on it, and another year I got a plate and of course you get all the ribbons.
    I love how you get different stuff in chicken shows!

[​IMG]

Also kind of jealous of the little set up with the cute background and the pumpkins. Sequel just got pics in his cage... poor under privileged guy! lol
    [​IMG]

6. seramagirl

seramagirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2010
    graham,washington
    loce them all but the frizzles WOW love to have one of them

Quote:

7. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    ok so overnight i had 2 gabby/red chicks hatch both are yellow and a chocobo/fawn hatch.....
    and yes emma is an amzing little silkied she is very sq and has a lovingly sweet personality to boot. im glad i got her i always wanted silkies in the past but i was turned down numerous times (someone once told me i had not enough experience with seramas to be getting silkied serama) i dunno emma looks very healthy and happy and being she is a house chicken she stays warm. AND SHE LAYED HER FIRST EGG THE OTHER DAY....they grow up so fast.

if i see enother ray ill let you know.....she really is the type of bird that makes you want more.....she is silkied serama ambassador lol

8. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    bluegrass we have chaili and her hubby to thank for the california pics they all came out so nice and kate dun good getting the trophies.... was all in all a decent day

9. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    yes if you ever find one like her i would take it in a heart beat my friend . ya her frist egg thats great . she is just one of those seramas that make you want more thats for sure . congrats on the new chicks my friend . and you have plenty experience to raise any serama you want bro !
    Quote:

10. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:They are beautiful

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by