American Sussex Association

Fay, with Steve's determination and keeping it going, you can bet it will not die LOL!

It just takes a few months to get it going and people will pass the word down. When the numbers get bigger, you can then charge membership if you like. Snail mail, you will charge for sure!

Checking it out!
cool.png

Joined! Even I do not have Sussex but planning on getting some! Love those Coronation Sussexes!

Is it correct for spelling of more than one Sussex?

Do you have to own Sussex to join? I currently do not have any but would like to get some in the future, when I can get my pens done the way I want them.
I also would like to have the brown, but cannot seem to be able to find any. Is there a way that they could be recreated?

I would like to see a database ( maybe a google doc) that we can put in stats about weight at different ages, egg weight, dressed weight etc.
My purpose in having Sussex is as a dual purpose bird,eggs and meat and I would like to improve my flock in that direction.

I have lights, several splits and a coronation rooster as well as a quad of buffs.

Last edited:
Quote:
I currently do not have any but would like to get some in the future, when I can get my pens done the way I want them.
I also would like to have the brown, but cannot seem to be able to find any. Is there a way that they could be recreated?

No, you do not have to own Sussex to join but once you get some you will be HOOKED.......

I will add anything people send in about the Sussex if it is appropriate.

Steve

Just wanted to say Hello and admit I have a sussex addiction. I Just found and joined the ASA. I am here to help If theres anything I can do let me know.I am looking forward to getting to know my fellow sussex addicts.

Hi,
As of now the ASA has 26 members, And like I keep saying you DO NOT HAVE TO OWN SUSSEX TO BE A MEMBER but once you get some you will be HOOKED. They are a large bird bigger then what I thought they would be some of the hens I have seen are about the same size of a Wyandotte rooster ( I was impressed ).

It is FREE & EASY to join it want even hurt a little to fill out the form and join the rest of us that are HOOKED on these great birds.

Hope to see ya soon....

Thanks for your interest.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom