And I thought roosters only crowed in the morning....

I have a rooster that will be 3 months on the 21st of this month. When he trys to crow he sounds like a Kazoo. It is so funny. I love hearing them all the time but especially when they are 1st starting out. It is so hilarious.
lau.gif
gig.gif

My wife leaves for work at 3:30am... when she starts her car.. her headlights come on & shine on the Coop... our Roosters crow! LOL

Ya gotta wonder what they are thinking...

Zzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzz

-Car starts, headlights come on-

Rooster: "Good God the Sun!!!

"Cockle Doodle Doo!!!!"

Last edited:
Get some shades on that coop or you will hear them at ALL hours!!!

I can hear mine all summer between 1am and 4am non-stop. The see the lights from our back porch and that enough to get them going. Shade over the window (or shutters) do wonders!!!!
wink.png

Our rooster who is now a year old, crowed for the first time in December at 5:30. Every day since he goes off at 3:30. Every once in a while he'll wake up at midnight or so and start crowing then. DH and I are working on a new coop farther from the house. If we can still hear him out there, we're going to rehome him.

Mine crow all day off and on. They compete with each other. The other night I heard the young showgirl crow in the middle of the night. Scared me and I jumped out of bed and ran out there sure something was trying to eat them. I swear I believe he was crowing in his sleep. I made sure I woke him up just for making me get up! Most of the time I just smile and roll over back to sleep. I like the sound.
sharon

we angled the coop on the other side of our house so we wouldnt hear our roo so much. But all in all, gilda (our rir roo) isnt that bad- he doesnt start up til 6:00am...when he was a chick i layed down the law, threatened to make him into a nugget
rant.gif
...think he heard me
clap.gif

I have a feeling that our crows all night because there are cars passing by that shade some light onto the coop. If I come in dark with a flash light - he'll crow.

Back
Top Bottom