Angry baby chick?

pawsfoot

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
Hi all. I just got 2 RIR and 2 Ameracauna chicks that are 4 days old. They are in a brooder with a red heat light. However, 1 is extremely noisy. She is being quite noisy only when we put them to bed. Is this normal? They are all eating drinking and pooping fine but last night only 1 of our girls was noisy and tonight she has encouraged all of them to click as loud as possible. Are they just being annoying to tell us that they are mad and want attention or could something be wrong? They are not cold because they are wandering around and playful and they don't seem hot because they are not avoiding the hot side or panting.

Any suggestions?

Idk, they could just be complaining about food?? Are they spoiled? My Ameracauna pullet (who is almost full grown now) carrys on and squawks all morning until I go out there and give them some scratch...

I don't know how they can be spoiled. I have only had them 2 days. I have given them no treats but we did spend a lot of time in the same room with them. We are just going to move them to the other side of the house for the night and maybe I will buy a heat bulb instead of having the light. Maybe the red bulb is keeping them up. But boy can they be noisy. Also they have unlimited supply of chick starter crumbles.

Last edited:
I'd try a electric hen so much better than a light then when its dark they SHOULD. Be quiet!

I think its healthier for then to know day and night

Back
Top Bottom