Antibiotics for infection

Jenjens

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
IL
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can buy antibiotics for an infection online? I have searched, but cannot find something specifically for chickens.? Thank you!

Depending on your location yes. If you know what you need check out bird sites that cater to pigeons and such. Just make sure it’s a med that is livestock safe. ( meaning won’t cause lifetime egg withdrawal and such )

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can buy antibiotics for an infection online? I have searched, but cannot find something specifically for chickens.? Thank you!
The questions' already been asked.. what are you treating?

You can get triple antibiotic ointment for topical use on wounds just about anywhere.

Treating unknown infections that may even be viral just makes anti biotic not works when we need them.. Noting they kill some bacteria both good and bad but not viruses..

Identify the illness first.. then treat.. not forgetting the body does this amazing thing called making it's own anti bodies and T cells to fight infection! Hope your issue isn't actually serious! :fl

Hello, well, I thought it was bumblefoot, but after trying a few times, nothing has come out of the inflamed area except for some blood. I have done all of the protocols for bumblefoot, but it just seems to be some sort of inflammation or infection. Something is going on there, and I don't have an avian vet anywhere near. She has an inflammation in the middle of one of her toes.

She seems fine, eating, drinking and everything, but I thought maybe giving her something would help.

She was limping at first, a few weeks ago, which is how I noticed her foot. She isn't limping as bad now, but she should since we tried again yesterday to pop open her wound and release the infection. I can try to post a picture, but she DOES NOT like being handled, and it is extremely stressful for her and us. especially now; every time I go near her she is scared because of the salt baths, poking and prodding of her foot.

I'd also like to add that her 2 middle toes are crooked. They kind of move to the side when she walks, but I think that is just a foot deformity. Not sure if that can make any difference.

I am located in a suburb outside of Chicago.

Are any of these vets close to you?
Screenshot_2020-10-05-11-40-15.png

I can try to see if I can get it to the Paws and feathers since my vet told me I need to go to a vet that specializes in poultry. It's over an hour away, but I can see. Now I need to somehow get my husband to say okay to spending hundreds of dollars on a chicken. I thought I already responded here, but I don't see my post. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom