Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you for your confirmation about the wild goose and its fat.

That was a nice take. Enjoy your hunting. My husband is not able to hunt anymore.

to be honest, I don’t know why geese I take have so much fat and the geese that you and others take don’t have much.

maybe it’s location, I do not know.

Thanks for proving me wrong!

I have never shot a wild goose that had any amount of fat. I live in eastern Canada and have hunted/harvested geese in 2 province. Most have had very little fat. I would think after they stop migrating and settle in an farming area for the winter feeding on the remains of corn and other grains the geese would fatten up. Here is a picture of BooBoo and I with some of our geese. She’s the cute one.
Wayne
Thank you for your confirmation about the wild goose and its fat.

That was a nice take. Enjoy your hunting. My husband is not able to hunt anymore.

You know what? I’m leaving the thread for a few days. I HATE when people try to prove me wrong. I know for a fact that goose has a lot more fat content than duck and chicken. Here’s my proof.

image.jpg

that is one cup of fat from one wild goose.

i’m sorry, but I cannot take people siding with each other trying to prove me wrong.

I’m leaving this thread for a few days.

You know what? I’m leaving the thread for a few days. I HATE when people try to prove me wrong. I know for a fact that goose has a lot more fat content than duck and chicken. Here’s my proof.

View attachment 2412103

that is one cup of fat from one wild goose.

i’m sorry, but I cannot take people siding with each other trying to prove me wrong.

I’m leaving this thread for a few days.

Sorry you were offended Jared. I wasn't involved in the discussions (no goose experience here) but I thought it was interesting to hear how different people had different experiences with geese. I didn't read anything that seemed people were trying to prove you wrong. :hugs

Sorry you were offended Jared. I wasn't involved in the discussions (no goose experience here) but I thought it was interesting to hear how different people had different experiences with geese. I didn't read anything that seemed people were trying to prove you wrong. :hugs

I interpret it as people trying to prove me wrong. Thats whole thing right there.

hang on one moment.

So, has anyone started thinking about Thanksgiving or Christmas and what recipes they want to make (or try for the first time)?

Since T-giving will just be 2 of us, I'm going to try a new recipe with turkey breasts. No need for a huge bird here.

So, has anyone started thinking about Thanksgiving or Christmas and what recipes they want to make (or try for the first time)?

Since T-giving will just be 2 of us, I'm going to try a new recipe with turkey breasts. No need for a huge bird here.

Going to Nevada for Thanksgiving. Will try to get wild duck on the menu.

Debby, No thoughts here. Monday Floyd going to Hospital to have fluid
removed from his Lung. And Tuesday I have an appointment to see
Heart Doctor. Not pleasant thoughts. Aria

Back
Top Bottom