Any Home Bakers Here?

Enjoy your holiday. Here it is just another day. The turkeys that survive it will be happy. The turkeys didn't survive it will be delicious.
I realized last year that “just another day” wasn’t going to cut it anymore. I’m married but alone, and I need something to remind me I’m alive, and it’s not all bad. So I’ll be grateful for Duckling, and about four people on BYC. :D

The best turkey I ever had was a BBW that dressed out at 34 lbs. My mother did not have a big enough roaster for it. She put it on a tray and tented it with aluminum foil.

Her store bought turkeys (mid 20 lbs.) were usually still being eaten a week after Thanksgiving. This one was completely gone by the third day.
I think he was 36 dressed, and she came in at 21#
3D050739-C00C-478F-A8E1-59E6AF3D3477.jpeg 32F21899-B3EE-4873-9652-683CA53673BD.jpeg E9F17BDE-FB28-4C85-8B65-3D95CD680843.jpeg

I’m in awe of your processing skill.
As a child, we got lots of practice on chickens. We supposedly were supposed to pluck our share of the chickens and be done. It didn't work that way for me. I did such a good job at it that I had to keep doing more and even had to clean up the carcasses that my siblings hurried through.

Back
Top Bottom