Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanksgiving is a timely subject---we all have had good and bad family memories1 NFC, make the best out of your holiday! did you have any trouble finding turkey breast at the grocers? We had a heck of a time finding one
Sorry you're so far away, when looking for just about anything turkey or chicken, all I have to do is go to the freezer. I may still have a duck or two in there.

to be honest, I don’t know why geese I take have so much fat and the geese that you and others take don’t have much.

maybe it’s location, I do not know.

Thanks for proving me wrong!

@jnicholes

Maybe you are killing them an area where they do not migrate. When we lived in Richmond, Virginia we had a lot that took up residence on a lake. They never migrated from that area. Their young did migrate.

I will say the geese that stayed were probably very fat, as they were fed lots of treats from the families that lived in the subdivision.

I did not do this to prove you or anybody WRONG !

I am not that type of person. I care about people and their feelings. I will go about trying to make them feel better.

He was one of these.
full
That’s a beautiful picture!

Sorry you were offended Jared. I wasn't involved in the discussions (no goose experience here) but I thought it was interesting to hear how different people had different experiences with geese. I didn't read anything that seemed people were trying to prove you wrong. :hugs

@N F C

No one was out to prove anybody wrong.

There are different circumstances in every area where people hunt.

Granted he had fat from his goose and that is okay, but it doesn't prove that all wild geese are very fat.

Thanksgiving is a timely subject---we all have had good and bad family memories1 NFC, make the best out of your holiday! did you have any trouble finding turkey breast at the grocers? We had a heck of a time finding one

I haven't looked for turkey breasts yet but if they're impossible to find, I have a back up (seafood).

We actually bought a turkey. :oops: as the daughter was going to come over. Due to a certain bug going around she changed her mind.
Now we have a turkey fit for 8 plus. They won’t eat any chicken I process which is what we would have had.

Bake the turkey for Thanksgiving, then package up the left overs as meals and freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom