Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm sure dethawing the rolls will work fine. You can take them out of the freezer the night before, then before dinner wrap then in foil and throw them in the oven until they are nice and warm. No one will notice and it will save you one thing to do!

I will eat or drink just about anything, so I sat here thinking 'what don't I like?' Mangoes, I don't know why, their sweet and I like sweet, there is just something odd about the flavor.

I really don't see myself as a picky eater, I will try everything, and I'll try it more then once, but there are a few things I can't stand..... Pumpkin pie, eggnog, milk and turkey. Pretty much all stuff that people love for this time of year! I still make pumpkin pie every year and I always taste it incase maybe I'll like it... Hasn't happened yet. I don't want my son to know I don't like milk and decide he doesn't like it (he's four) so I have to drink that every now and then
1f616.png
and try not to gag! Eggnog, I don't see that changing and I can't really stomach trying that again. And people are always telling me "you just haven't had turkey cooked right". I try it every year and I've tried everyone's "this is the best turkey, you will like this" and it always gross. Now though, I can just cook something I like instead of turkey. Turkey and pumpkin pie at the same meal! It's like my worst nightmare
1f631.png
But I try it every year. Oh thanksgiving, how you love to torture me. Lol

I think your right about your four yr old. When my oldest was four, mom came home, saw us eating ju ju bees, or mike and ikes (stick to your teeth fruit flavored candy) saw her pop a black licorice in her mouth, "NO, don't eat that, you don't like the black ones". She spit it out and never touched another even though she just ate a bunch of them.
We just had Turkey dinner at work. Our plant manager cooked turkeys on a charcoal rotisserie spit doused with seasoning. Tasted just like them fire dept, or boy scout chicken BBQs. mmm good. Maybe try that one, lol!

Anyone ever tried cheese cake made with cream cheese AND cottage cheese? My father in law, he's 76, mentioned that's how it used to be made, was with cottage cheese. We found a recipe and made it last Christmas, it was the best I've ever had, will never buy store bought again!

Morning Beer can,

You're right about kids learning what they like/don't like from others. A friend's grandson eats a very limited diet because his mom was always telling him not to eat such & such. He now pretty much lives on peanut butter sandwiches, canned spaghetti and chips.

I've never heard of making a cheesecake with cottage cheese as an ingredient. Care to share the recipe (or link to it)?

Morning Beer can,

You're right about kids learning what they like/don't like from others. A friend's grandson eats a very limited diet because his mom was always telling him not to eat such & such. He now pretty much lives on peanut butter sandwiches, canned spaghetti and chips.

I've never heard of making a cheesecake with cottage cheese as an ingredient. Care to share the recipe (or link to it)?

X2 on sharing the recipe! I make chocolate kahlua cheesecake for myself every year on my birthday.... I've never used cottage cheese, but I'll give it a try if you hate the recipe!

X2 on sharing the recipe! I make chocolate kahlua cheesecake for myself every year on my birthday.... I've never used cottage cheese, but I'll give it a try if you hate the recipe!

Mmm, that sounds good! I'm at when I get home I'll ask my wife which recipe she used. It didn't have a texture of cottage cheese. The texture, mouth feel and flavor was better than any cheesecake I've ever had, you wouldn't have even known it if we didn't tell you. My brother in law hates cottage cheese, wont eat lasagna if it has ricotta in it, he even liked it!

Cottage cheese in cheesecake? Now there's an idea! I have a 4 pound block of cream cheese in the fridge as I type this...and a container of cottage cheese...might have to try something.

Who here has heard of apple dumplings? I read about them in some book I was reading the other day and thought, "Huh, that sounds interesting." I asked my mom what they were and she made it sound so delicious that I immediately read four or five apple dumpling recipes off the internet. The next day we were shopping for fruit and McIntosh apples were on sale, so she got some and after we got home I tried baking apple dumplings.

Here's a few pics of the end result. They were so good, apple-y and cinnamon-y and warm and gooey... but they definitely didn't look very pretty. If you google "apple dumplings" and look at pictures none of them look like mine.
idunno.gif
big_smile.png

And speaking of chocolate:

Cottage cheese in cheesecake? Now there's an idea! I have a 4 pound block of cream cheese in the fridge as I type this...and a container of cottage cheese...might have to try something. Who here has heard of apple dumplings? I read about them in some book I was reading the other day and thought, "Huh, that sounds interesting." I asked my mom what they were and she made it sound so delicious that I immediately read four or five apple dumpling recipes off the internet. The next day we were shopping for fruit and McIntosh apples were on sale, so she got some and after we got home I tried baking apple dumplings. Here's a few pics of the end result. They were so good, apple-y and cinnamon-y and warm and gooey... but they definitely didn't look very pretty. If you google "apple dumplings" and look at pictures none of them look like mine. :idunno :D And speaking of chocolate:
Are local apple festival has amazing apple dumplings for sale at the apple orchard every year. They don't look pretty, but then they put whipped cream on top. Mmmm! That's the only time I have ever had them and they were amazing. And yummy chocolate! On Monday I took my son and his friend to are friends chocolate shop. My husband use to work there. My son had been there, but his friend never has. It's just where they make it, they don't sell it there. They got to see it made and we were sent home with two bags of chocolate... not like we needed any! Lol. The name of the place is Sjaaks chocolates. Jacques (the owner) was are landlord and lived right next to us for the first three years of my sons life, so my son loves him. He makes these amazing snowman chocolates with dark chocolate and peanut butter toffee filling. I wait all year for them! So my bag was full of snowmen!

I was in a pinch for a desert one day - unexpected company coming and the store 1/2 hour away - so I searched the web for apple recipes and found the recipe for Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings.
They sound really odd, but they were good and easy. Give them a try. Do an internet search for Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings and a bunch of recipes pop up.

Back
Top Bottom