Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi, I am a cake decorator with a cake that goes on expedition on thursday at arapahoe county fair, the picture below is the cake that I spent 3 hours on.

Hi, I am a cake decorator with a cake that goes on expedition on thursday at arapahoe county fair, the picture below is the cake that I spent 3 hours on.
fl.gif
I hope you get a blue ribbon!

Nice cake @Poka Doodle ! I've wondered before, what happens to the baked goods that are entered at fairs? Do the participants take them home or are they donated somewhere?

zeil--recipe please?

and good luck with your candy cake,PokaDoodle (my dad called my mom that!----she always loved wearing dots)

zeil--recipe please?

and good luck with your candy cake,PokaDoodle   (my dad called my mom that!----she always loved wearing dots)

https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/chocolate-zucchini-cake/

This is my go to one, although I add however much zucchini I have on hand, usually leftover from savoury dishes, so anywhere up to two cups. Although I would encourage you too stick with the recipe, I think the extra zucchini adds depth and flavour to the chocolate and moisture, but my sister claims mine tastes too much like chocolate zucchini slice for her tastes.

So you know...moto each their own.

I think I posted my favorite pumpkin bread recipe here a while back. It makes 2 big loaves, easy to make and can be frozen if it lasts that long.

There it is, post #298. Wow, we've come a way since then. I've really enjoyed this thread, thanks everyone for participating!
hugs.gif
Thanks for hosting the thread, it's one of my favorites
jumpy.gif

And thanks for post # to the recipe. I haven't baked "real" pumpkin bread, the recipe I have tried is more of a sheet/flat cake . Will try the bread in the Fall.

Back
Top Bottom