Any Home Bakers Here?

This is my baking for the day...ChickAre4Kids inspired me to make my lemon bars and I tried ronott1's peanut butter cookies which are delicious and a keeper!

They look wonderful! :drool

Well I decided to bite the bullet and make a double batch of those cinnamon rolls pancakes for dinner tonight. They were delicious and the whole family loved them! Even my dad who usually complains when we have pancakes said, "These are really good!".

While cooking.

The finished product.

Those are really cool looking! Glad everyone enjoyed them.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and make a double batch of those cinnamon rolls pancakes for dinner tonight. They were delicious and the whole family loved them! Even my dad who usually complains when we have pancakes said, "These are really good!".

While cooking.

The finished product.

I would eat them...yum!

While cooking.

The finished product.
They looks so good!
I have the recipe bookmarked. I'm going to try to make them sometime this week.

So did I already ask about pickled Beetroot? I've got a heap ready to pick and I want to pickle and bottle them so I've got something ready to eat like the stuff the kids are used to in the cans. Anyone got a good recipe? I was looking at the ingredients on the store cans, they seem to use malt vinegar.

So did I already ask about pickled Beetroot? I've got a heap ready to pick and I want to pickle and bottle them so I've got something ready to eat like the stuff the kids are used to in the cans. Anyone got a good recipe? I was looking at the ingredients on the store cans, they seem to use malt vinegar.

I usually just use cider vinegar, but you can ferment them too... My go to recipe that the kids gobble up taste a lot like the canned ones from the store, but a little zippier ;)

Courtesy of the Blue Ball canning book lol, I've never had to use another one, since these are pretty delicious :)

• 3 quarts beets (double recipe if you have more)
• 2 C sugar
• 2 sticks cinnamon
• 1 Tblsp whole allspice
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 1/2 cups vinegar (use cider vinegar)
• 1 1/2 C water

I add 2 large white onions, sliced thin; and 1 tbsp of whole clove, too ;)

And to process...

1.Wash beets, cook beets, peel and quarter beets.
2.Combine everything except beets in large sauce pot.
3.Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4.Remove cinnamon sticks.
5.Pack beets into hot jars leaving 1/4″ headspace.
6.Ladle hot liquid over beets leaving 1/4″ headspace.
7.Remove air bubbles, then add lids and bands.
8.Process for 30 minutes in a hot water bath canner.

@shortgrass. That sounds nice and easy, will give it a try! Just got to work out what a quart of Beetroot is! Converter says it's a liquid measure so how do I turn it into kg?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom