Any Home Bakers Here?

Penny, Thanks again for posting my photo. Are you going to try the Gingerbread again?
Debby, The Emile Henry is a FIND. We visit Estate Sales in the Summer around here
and we do find. I will try the Artisan Bread again. The recipe is EASY and DIFFERENT>
I MUST remember NOT to handle the dough. That I think is the secret of this recipe. Aria

no problem at all glad to help

The last time I was in Fort Collins and stopped in the kitchen store, I picked up a cookie stamp with a rooster on it. Just got done making the shortbread cookie recipe that came with the stamp. I hadn't used a stamp before so this was a learning process (and kind of a painful one, lol).

The next time I buy one of those, I'll look for one with a longer handle! The one I got only has a little nubbin about 1/2" long and that makes it tricky to use. You have to heat the stamp up in the oven so when you want to stamp the dough, that thing is 325* and doesn't have much to hold on to. Ouch!

Anyway, the shortbread cookies were good with a nice sandy texture. The design wasn't showing up as well as I would have liked so I took a little paintbrush and 'painted' a bit of powdered cocoa over some of them (that was a long slow process so only did a few).

Here's a photo:
View attachment 1200769

Here's the recipe:
SHORTBREAD
1 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly.
Add flour gradually, one cup at a time. Mix until well blended but don't overmix.
Roll into 1" balls and place on parchment paper covered baking tray.
Stamp the dough with the warm cookie stamp.
Bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes.

I saw no such stamps at our kitchen store We actually have two ov gloves they are wonderful by the way grabbed your short bread recipe thank you

Those will be perfect for the HAL baking contest Penny!

may do you shortbread when I get them :celebrate
did have a interesting find at the kitchen store yesterday
001.jpg

Last edited:
The last time I was in Fort Collins and stopped in the kitchen store, I picked up a cookie stamp with a rooster on it. Just got done making the shortbread cookie recipe that came with the stamp. I hadn't used a stamp before so this was a learning process (and kind of a painful one, lol).

The next time I buy one of those, I'll look for one with a longer handle! The one I got only has a little nubbin about 1/2" long and that makes it tricky to use. You have to heat the stamp up in the oven so when you want to stamp the dough, that thing is 325* and doesn't have much to hold on to. Ouch!

Anyway, the shortbread cookies were good with a nice sandy texture. The design wasn't showing up as well as I would have liked so I took a little paintbrush and 'painted' a bit of powdered cocoa over some of them (that was a long slow process so only did a few).

Here's a photo:
View attachment 1200769

Here's the recipe:
SHORTBREAD
1 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly.
Add flour gradually, one cup at a time. Mix until well blended but don't overmix.
Roll into 1" balls and place on parchment paper covered baking tray.
Stamp the dough with the warm cookie stamp.
Bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes.

Your cookies are so pretty! I love them! I have not heard of a cookie stamp and finding a rooster is wonderful! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Your cookies are so pretty! I love them! I have not heard of a cookie stamp and finding a rooster is wonderful! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

In case anyone is interested...The company that made my cookie stamp is called Rycraft and they have a boatload of different stamps.
designs_by_category

Back
Top Bottom