Any Home Bakers Here?

These just came out of the oven:
View attachment 2380558
These are the first of a few days of baking (I need to get more flour first). I'm trying to get the freezer stocked up, and enough baked to give some to my grandparents.
Am I correct in assuming the one at the bottom of the picture bubbled out because my cuts didn't start far enough down?
I think you just had a large bubble of air trapped in the dough there. Did you take a rectangle of dough and roll it into the loaf shape? Most of the time when I get a bubble out like that, there is a big void/air bubble in the dough from trapped air.

Hi, it's mostly for humans but there's a been a little bit of everything here :lol:
And what doesn't come out right can be eaten by the chickens!
I was thinking of throwing it away it really is delicious and throwing it away would be a waste of many hours a good ingredients.
Right!

I think you just had a large bubble of air trapped in the dough there. Did you take a rectangle of dough and roll it into the loaf shape? Most of the time when I get a bubble out like that, there is a big void/air bubble in the dough from trapped air.
No, I formed both from dough balls. But that makes sense, as I did have some bubbles on the ends that I had to pop after shaping.
Beautiful bread!
The look so tasty!
Thank you! This might be the best batch I've ever made! Easy to slice evenly, fluffy and not dense, the crumb is nice, baked all the way through, AND tasty! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
Just look at my dad's evenly sliced slice here:
3B085CAA-F74A-4BD6-9A6E-C4E87AD4375A.jpeg

FD66E1C7-8905-47F9-9E57-83F04A701342.jpeg

No, I formed both from dough balls. But that makes sense, as I did have some bubbles on the ends that I had to pop after shaping.

Thank you! This might be the best batch I've ever made! Easy to slice evenly, fluffy and not dense, the crumb is nice, baked all the way through, AND tasty! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
Just look at my dad's evenly sliced slice here:
View attachment 2381097
View attachment 2381099
It would make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich!

Heard from Aria again.. Her hubby is improving the Dr has said maybe rehab for him

Thanks for sharing the update and keeping us all informed

Apple pie is in the oven and boy, does the house smell good!

Yum, Debby that's sounds divine 😋 we haven't baked anything in awhile.

It was undercooked but yummy, taking the good advice and will be toasting it. Good luck with that appointment. :)

As long as you enjoyed it, then it's good.
My appointment went fine, lots of sitting and testing 😬

Back
Top Bottom