Any Home Bakers Here?

I did not grease my springform pan for my no-bake cheesecake. It was very difficult to get the crust off the bottom. 🙁 I really like the idea of lining the it with parchment paper so I could slide it right off onto a serving plate right away. That's what I'll do in future!

The main reason for using the parchment paper is to protect the bottom of your pan.

The second reason to use the parchment paper is for the ease of moving the cake to a cake plate.

Unless you are the only one cutting the cake the knife could leave scratches on the bottom of your pan.

Then if you ever use the pan without the parchment paper it will really stick then.

Sorry. Grease pan and Grease the parchment? Aria
No, sorry, I didn't grease anything. I meant I served the cheesecake on the base of the springform pan. But as an experiment, since it was the first time I used it, and somebody had said they didn't grease theirs and had no trouble, I didn't grease mine. Sorry I was unclear. In future I will definitely grease something, lol! 🤣

The main reason for using the parchment paper is to protect the bottom of your pan.

The second reason to use the parchment paper is for the ease of moving the cake to a cake plate.

Unless you are the only one cutting the cake the knife could leave scratches on the bottom of your pan.

Then if you ever use the pan without the parchment paper it will really stick then.
Thank you, @Ladies-Eight ! I have a plastic cake knife with a rounded leading edge. And nobody better cut cake but me, lol. Or wash my pans, either. So .. should I grease both the bottom of the cake pan AND the surface of the parchment paper before packing the crust on? I am so confused now! 🤪

My sourdough starter has died a death.
I've not used it for months. Just moved it and it was growing pink and green fluff.
In the words of Spike Spiegel "and the moral of the story is.. dont leave things in the fridge" 🤢🤮😷
I am sorry! Did you have some dehydrated as a backup?

I made some FANTASTIC giant GF chocolate chip cookies. They're a hit at school! Very easy to make, too.
I clicked the link, and it wouldn't show the recipe unless I signed up. Or signed in. Or signed on the dotted line. Or something. Do you have the recipe? I would love a GF chocolate chip cookie recipe...

I typed "chocolate chick" cookie recipe. I have chicks on the brain, cuz I'm still waiting to hear when I can go pick them up!

Back
Top Bottom