Any info on the plastic chicken coop

From the reviews, people love the snap lock. I would like one too, but they seem pricey. I am also concerned since I have no shade from trees for them - so not sure how it would do in full sun.

For that price you can buy what I bought and still have money to convert it the way You like.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubbermaid...t-x-6-78-ft-Roughneck-Storage-Shed/1000394355

p.s. PUT IT IN THE SHADE !~!!
Yeah. I know, but you have more to modify. Plus, more to try to figure out how to shade. I don't think I am getting either. I will be buying a built coop from a barn/shed dealer. Lots more $. But, I have to consider my time and talents plus the area the coop would be in vs spending the money.

Plastic does not breathe the way wood does, it is apt to break down due to UV damage. A coop should have 4 s.f. open floor space/bird, 1 l.f. of perch/bird with 12 - 15" behind perch, 18" above perch, 2' below perch, and at least 4' in front of perch for birds to safely access them. There should be natural lighting in coop, and in the case of a small coop, 1 cu.ft. of ventilation per bird. If the coop does not meet these generally recognized specs for safe housing of a back yard flock, stress induced issues including aggression (feather picking, scalping or otherwise causing wounds, and possibly cannibalism) and stress induced illness are likely to occur.

Big just build a decent run off of it or around it. As far as durability I've had mine 3 years and no issues.
Curious, what is your climate?

Maybe add your general state location to your profile?
upload_2018-3-16_10-13-42.png

Back
Top Bottom