Any one with Experience with FarmNyard.com chicken coops

am i missing something? i went to the heated roost and saw nothing, a pic of a fireplace. is it elect? how much does it use
he didnt know a "little chicky place " was a run. he stuttered and was unprofessional. the coops didnt have any specs. that i could see and everything was an option. i was not impressed. what kind of wood is used? is it treated, there is no run under it. add your own. theres no runners add your own. im afraid you would end up building it yourself anyway.

If you look at the 2-8 coops I'm thinking of getting the 6 american patriot. I'm not looking for prebuilt just mostly decent kit (hard find I know).

The options are cheaper on the smaller coops because of smaller spaces. The ones I consider is the fiberglass floor, nesting box and electrical package. I live in texas. It can get cold but not that cold.

I can't explain their marketing or website design. I'm just trying to find good kit and have my husband build the run. A chicken run/coop assembly isn't too bad but the entire thing would be a nightmare. (husband has very basic carpentery skills and in honesty i'm better but can't so it drive me nuts).

It would be very helpful if you may know some good kits?

you know, i dont but, i will help you look. i, like you have a husband that is not very handy like myself with a hammer, but he does have a fascination with tools so that makes it easy on me.lol being in texas i imagine your predators are the small ones? do you need a bottom on the run?

you know, i dont but, i will help you look. i, like you have a husband that is not very handy like myself with a hammer, but he does have a fascination with tools so that makes it easy on me.lol being in texas i imagine your predators are the small ones? do you need a bottom on the run?
i found a couple i thought were well made but dont take just my word for it please. williams-sonoma , good wood, better chicken coop, pricey, and have you looked at texas ranch coops? a lot of info on there as well as coops. hope this helps.

My predators for texas are coyotes, racoons, possums, my one of my lovely dog, and possibly snakes. The bottom run would be preffered. If it doesn't have it, I'll nail hardware cloth to the bottom,

Another builder I looked at is https://mobilechickencoops.com/Mobile_Coops.html and add the enclosure and welded wire floor. It's in Austin and I'm in dallas

Go figure, I got dog I could leave in the coop and it be fine. The other one not so much. They are 2 border collies and my older one views chickens as sheep.

The farmnyard coop didn't look too bad to me. If I got it I would put it on 4" x 4"s, not 2 x 4's. If their feeder really works to not allow them to waste food, its worth the money. Hardware cloth prices vary wildly so shop around for it no matter what you end up with, don't get a coop that comes with poultry wire. The only thing I would worry about is access to the run. Sooner or later its going to need to be cleaned and you want to be able to do it without contortions. Be prepared to paint it, just in case it comes with inferior weatherproofing. They guy on the video I watched seemed to be more "real" on what a chicken needs, it might be worth a try. Although in Texas you might be better off with a white roof.

Hey BlueFrog, what's the latest on the coop?
pop.gif
Still looking? Why not search on the top of the page for hoop coops. Easy to make and cheap. Then hire someone for a couple of hundred dollars to build it. Handyman on Craigslist. They are out there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom