Any one with Experience with FarmNyard.com chicken coops

bluefrog87

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I am looking for a chicken coop. I got hurt in the military so building the whole thing would not be a good option for me. I just want 3-4 chickens and I have a little coop and a run. I think The run would not be too bad to build but the coop would be a bit much. I'm hoping to do a open coop with a predator proof run. The run would be enclosed on all 6 sides. I'm looking at the "american patriot" or "mini coop" and maybe add the nest box and electric features

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? How was your experience?

Do NOT go near this guy! Larry Kudlik is the man on the video, owner of the 'company' and builder of the coops. He has a few horrible reviews on the BBB and a couple more on his page review when you google search farmnyard. There is plenty more to read about this guy than just how lousy he runs a business, but if you buy a coop from him, expect it to be missing parts, show up damaged, show up weeks or months later than he promised, go long periods of time without responding to your emails, and finally not get what you paid for or (like me) outright ripped off. I'm out the entire $689 for the cost of the coop. He quit responding to me months ago, and now I'm having to get legal counsel and discuss avenues for getting my money back through the legal system. He took so long to ship our coop that it was far beyond the Paypal 60 day customer protection window. STAY CLEAR, and don't let ANYONE purchase from chickencoopsforsale or farmnyard dot coms or anything having to do with Lawrence Kudlik from 2 Bartlett St, Beverly, MA. Don't believe me, go research for yourself. I registered for this site only to warn those that I have just read who were contemplating what seems like a very solid product.

Last edited:
You might think about buying a shed and retrofitting it for chickens.

Most premade coops are not worth the money, cheaply built, too small, etc.

Last edited:
http://www.greenswoodworks.com/

The company is in Texas I got a 4by4 dog house I think it was like 250 then I went on ebay and got the window for $60 a pair got paint in the opps section at homedepo and my friend mike put the door on for me and he has some left over flooring from a job he just finish it's just a thought. The guy Wayne is very nice he has done a few dog houses for chicken

I ran into this farmnyard guy's videos and came here to backyardchicken.com to see what others were saying about him. now I don't claim to have the spririttual gift of discernment, but something aint right here. I would steer clear of this guys coops. he spends too much time trying to protect his design. he doesn't explain far too many things. in effect you are buying a pig in a poke.

I experienced the same treatment as Cookemonster when dealing with Larry at Farm N Yard. A custom coop ordered last year was never delivered, and paid for in full. There were many, many missed delivery dates, some of which Larry styled as family crises to account for the incredible delay. Even more deplorable, he says he caters to Military Families and offers "special treatment". Based on my experience, you don't want that special treatment. I would steer clear of Larry Kudlik, FarmNYard.com, ChickenCoopsforSale.com, or any of his other ventures. It would have been helpful to me if these posts were here when I was contemplating my purchase. I am posting my experience for others to consider before doing business with him.

I experienced the same treatment as Cookemonster when dealing with Larry at Farm N Yard.  A custom coop ordered last year was never delivered, and paid for in full.  There were many, many missed delivery dates, some of which Larry styled as family crises to account for the incredible delay.  Even more deplorable, he says he caters to Military Families and offers "special treatment".  Based on my experience, you don't want that special treatment.  I would steer clear of Larry Kudlik, FarmNYard.com, ChickenCoopsforSale.com, or any of his other ventures.  It would have been helpful to me if these posts were here when I was contemplating my purchase.  I am posting my experience for others to consider before doing business with him.

It would be a good idea to provide any accounts of his screwing people over to the CO's of any nearby bases. They can declare his business "off limits" to military personnel, which will help protect them, and also dry up some of his business.

im sorry i dont have info on that brand but i will tell you,#1 thank you for your service and #2 they sell a small coop at tractor supply for 150 and a run for? i bought one of these and the wood is made very cheaply and it is not big enough for more then 2 hens. i only use it now for a brooder. it also needed to be painted even though it said it didnt. the best thing i could tell you is to ask for material samples as you would be buying sight unseen. surely someone around you could build a small coop for less than you would pay for new.there is a lot of homemade coops on here that are awesome. some made from just pallets.for me, figuring it out and smacking it together is half the fun.if you can build a run you can build a box! from experience, the run is much harder, too many staples! i even have seen a dog house in a dog kennel. i belive they did attach chicken wire to the bottom, zip ties and if digging predators are a problem then they can bury some of the wire too. what ever you decide, enjoy!!!

Premade coops aren't my first option but building one would be a little much and the shed would cost more and have more work. I want just under dozen eggs a week with either an australorp or orpington flock so it's only for 2-3 birds. I think I can get my husband make it mobile with hardware cloth covered run (predator proof of course).

the coop is american patriot 6 birds
http://farmnyard.com/

Has anyone had any experience with these coops specifically?

I haven't but I have seen a lot of their videos on YouTube and they seem to know what they are doing, lights and electric are good options I like the heated roost seems like a good deal for $200 it would cost you more to build one yourself.

Back
Top Bottom