any other colorado springs chicken keepers??

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mrsengeseth, Sep 5, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I just wondered if i was the only one. I also wondered if there was some sort of way to look up (not necessarily at BYC, but anywhere) how many chicken buddies there would be in a particular area of town? I'd like to find some on my side of town as well as back home across the country.

2. UrbanFarmer

UrbanFarmer New Egg

Sep 8, 2008
    Here I am! Well I don;t have any yet, but plan to. Gathering information and stuff right now. Do you know how many chickens you can have in the Springs>

3. chicknsnbiskits

chicknsnbiskits Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Hey there! I"m in Colorado Springs!
    You can have up to 10 hens, non-commercial purposes, no roos.
    This may be different depending on your HOA, etc. but we're in the Garden Ranch area (north-ish) and those are our rules.
    There's a nifty link somewhere in this forum (in the FAQ) that tells you about local laws wherever you are. Haven't been there yet, bc we check that out before buying a house. [​IMG]
    Good to know you're here!!!

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, ten in the city limits, no roosters. [​IMG] I called the Humane Society on Abbot Ln to be sure and the lady was really helpful.

Luckily in my old-ish area there aren't many covenants. And My neighbors seem pretty cool with it.

5. chicknsnbiskits

chicknsnbiskits Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    hey, Mrsengeseth, what part of Springs are you in? I homeschool my 7, 5, 4, 20mos too. We're in the Garden Ranch area (the illogical little triangle between Academy, Union and Austin Bluffs...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by