any other colorado springs chicken keepers??

mrsengeseth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Colorado...but home is Maine
I just wondered if i was the only one. I also wondered if there was some sort of way to look up (not necessarily at BYC, but anywhere) how many chicken buddies there would be in a particular area of town? I'd like to find some on my side of town as well as back home across the country.

Here I am! Well I don;t have any yet, but plan to. Gathering information and stuff right now. Do you know how many chickens you can have in the Springs>

Hey there! I"m in Colorado Springs!
You can have up to 10 hens, non-commercial purposes, no roos.
This may be different depending on your HOA, etc. but we're in the Garden Ranch area (north-ish) and those are our rules.
There's a nifty link somewhere in this forum (in the FAQ) that tells you about local laws wherever you are. Haven't been there yet, bc we check that out before buying a house.
big_smile.png

Good to know you're here!!!

Yeah, ten in the city limits, no roosters.
smile.png
I called the Humane Society on Abbot Ln to be sure and the lady was really helpful.

Luckily in my old-ish area there aren't many covenants. And My neighbors seem pretty cool with it.

hey, Mrsengeseth, what part of Springs are you in? I homeschool my 7, 5, 4, 20mos too. We're in the Garden Ranch area (the illogical little triangle between Academy, Union and Austin Bluffs...)

Back
Top Bottom