Anybody else crazy about planting flowers and gardens ???

I'm getting back into my gardening habit this year (after taking last year off due to a motorcycle wreck).

I've been keeping the chickens happy by digging up the grass clods that overtook the beds last year and throwing the clods out into their runs (lots of worms and grubs in the root systems).

Got some peas planted 2 weeks ago but need to get more in the ground. Still have lettuce, spinach, chard, kale seeds to get planted.

Have sweet potato slips growing/sprouting in the kitchen window, as I type this.

Just picked up some seed starting mix today to add to the ready-to-use compost today and hope to get tomatoes and peppers started this weekend.

Dawn

Do any of you do winter sowing ?
17209_tools.gif

google winter sown and there is alot of info. I am winter sowing and it is fun.

ohh yes GARDEN FEVER i sure have it , can't wait for Spring to arrive !

There are so many things that i so want to plant , wish i could just plant it all.We do have big gardens but this year deffinately planting more and canning a lot .Then as far as the pretty flowers and such gosh so hard to choose , so a lil this and a lil that
smile.png

vfem , I really like your garden area the raised beds and the fencing , great lil area you have there. Thanks for the garden links deffinatly have to serf over there and check them out !

My DH went out and plowed and tilled some of our garden plots today so hopefully all this cold will go through pretty fast and can go play in the dirt and get some of it planted in the ground
wee.gif

Happy Gardening Everybody !!!
big_smile.png

garden fever here too!!!
barnie.gif
i can't wait for spring!! all 5 of my kid's and dh love to play in the garden to it is loads of fun and my 4 year old girl is my best garden buddy,lol. she helps me with all the bulbs, plants and seeds and helps with trades, shoping for new stuff and seed swaps so she is really into it.

it has rained here for about 3 days now and alot of snow is melting and guess what i saw today????
ep.gif

daffodil sprouts about 3" up!!!!
celebrate.gif
spring is just right around the corner!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG!! YES !! I saw my first Daffs yesterday growing in the ditches along the highway!!!
And I smell worms when I go out now....( well...we are getting
tongue.gif
snow today
tongue.gif
but I did smell worms the past week!! I even got my shovel and dug up a few beds just so I could smell that dirt!!! AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!
ya.gif

ya.gif
I have potatoes,snowpeas,cabbage and brussel sprouts up and lots of seedlings ready to go as soon as the weather warms up a bit!! It has been in the high 70's here this week and I am having to restrain myself from planting tomatoes and squash. But I will wait and enjoy the strawberry and asparagus sprouts for now.
wee.gif

I love TheEasyGarden as well!! Lots of garden crazy folks there!
celebrate.gif

Spring fever here too! I can't wait. We moved into our house in the fall and for the first time in years I have room for gardens and flowers and whatever I would like to plant. So I am itching to get going. My pet project is an herb garden though and I just got the seeds started. I love the smell and taste of the fresh herbs. Lots of veggies for canning this year too YEAH!! But I think what I am most excited to see is what will come up. There are quite a few rose bushes......who knows what colors.....also looks like iris and daffodils .....so it will be sorta an adventure to see what arrives with the spring this year!!!

Back
Top Bottom