Anybody else watching this ebay auction?

Here's my 2 cent worth.

It is pretty cheap to list an auction on Ebay and then set a high reserve and a low start bid. Perhaps it is way to get the word out and then have people order from the website instead of winning the auction. Pretty smart advertising if you ask me. Presto lots of attention, people going to their web site, and they don't have to pay Ebay auction fees.

Quote:
Yes, I agree, smart advertising. I am sure they are nice people, so I am probably completely out of line...

....but it is not that difficult to set a high reserve, or get a friend to bid...i.e., "whoa, these chickens are worth soooo much"!

Foster

hu.gif

holy cow. That is just nuts! I think some people take a little tooo much advantage of the breeds. For heaven sakes, in the end, its just a chicken. I'm all about pretty feathers, but affordable, practical pretty feathers.... lol!

That auction ended with an 600+ bid. Likely a hoax. What some sellers do - if they are not getting the price they want, they can change the reserve or bid (from a friend) to some astronomical number and then no one actually wins at all. I think more likely it's about advertising.

1***b (10) Bid activity (%) with this seller: 50%
b***e (15) Bid activity (%) with this seller: 50%
r***r (1) Bid activity (%) with this seller: 54%
a***4 (113) Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
g***g (165) Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

Dont know that it really means a thing but I do question this stuff.​

Back
Top Bottom