Anybody lose their unemployment yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lovely neighbor who once had this sage advice...

"All the terrible things you worry about may come true. Even more reason to enjoy this day. How terrible to finally have nothing, and look back at the times we had a little something, but didn't enjoy it for the worrying."

So, if you have a blanket, enjoy the warmth. If you have companionship, enjoy the company. Don't think about the loss of your perfect life. Enjoy your current one for what it's worth. Even better, share a little of what you've got with someone who is struggling more than you, even if it's just a cup of tea or a word of kindness. It lessens the pain for everyone.

Quote:
I hope that national economies have a better chance of recovery than do most alcoholics.

Your words conjure up an interesting picture. Imagine for yourself the next meeting of Banker's Anonymous. 'Hi, I'm a Banker and I destroy jobs and homes'.

Quote:
I doubt whether you know all of them.

It's a fact that recovery from alcoholism is a difficult road and many don't make it. That's not offensive, it's the truth. Well done those who recover to the stage where they can live without alcohol. They know that their chances at the outset were probably slim.

My comparison was not facetious and your response is offensive to me in that you made it without any knowledge of me or those around me.

Quote:
When I was threatened with layoff if I would not take a reduction in wages , benefits etc I quit and bought a business license what I charge for my services are not as high as what they used to charge, a number of their former customers enjoy paying a good deal less then they used to pay
smile.png
. They may should have laid off someone off instead of threatening folks LOL. unemployment, whats that?

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
I take it he is still a US citizen? When I was over there in 80-82 I couldn't believe how generous their welfare system was. I guess it has changed. Was he employed by the US or by Germany? I know they are very protective of their jobs.

He is a US citizen and his kids are too......just not the wife, yet. He was employed with Germany. He had to pass a written German test and speak the language. The company went through and let several people go, not just him. He migh be having a harder time because he is not German.​

That would be my guess. He probably can't qualify for their social safety net. I don't think German employers are allowed to hire illegals and pay under the table with no benefits or taxes.

Quote:
Well it helps profits when you lay off half your workforce and then make your remaining employees feel like they better put out a lot more work if they don't want to be next. There is a serious realignment happening in the work force.

They have almost accomplished what Reagan started. Get rid of the unions and take things back to the 1800's as far as wages and worker rights are concerned. Obviously not the same actual wages, but the whole concept that was in place back then. The Unions created middle class America. They were very good for the country. They did get a little out of control during the 70's and 80's but they set the trend for livable wages. Now we're going in reverse.

The big companies are very happy about all the hard working people that support their anti-union stance. They love the here take my money away just please give me a job climate that has been created over the last 30 years. They can sure put it to a lot better use than their workers can.

Thanks Ronny.

Quote:
I doubt whether you know all of them.

i didn't find it offensive
wink.png
(mind you i'm not easily offended) in fact this bit
Quote:
made me laugh out loud for real
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back