anybody raise sprouts to feed the chickens?

Quote:
If you have a pilot light on your kitchen stove, set them on your stove. It might be enough to make a difference...

I do have a gas stove but it has an electric start. My oven goes as low as 100 degrees. I let my bread rise in there in the winter. Would that be too high?

Quote:
If you have a pilot light on your kitchen stove, set them on your stove. It might be enough to make a difference...

I do have a gas stove but it has an electric start. My oven goes as low as 100 degrees. I let my bread rise in there in the winter. Would that be too high?

I think 100 is a little too high. I think of room temp as about 65 to 80. I've never tried this, but what about your hot water heater; does it have a pilot light? Sitting it on there might work.

Quote:
BOSS?

Black Oil Sunflower Seed. I said the same thing at 1st
lau.gif

Jen

Quote:

I think 100 is a little too high. I think of room temp as about 65 to 80. I've never tried this, but what about your hot water heater; does it have a pilot light? Sitting it on there might work.

Hot water heater does have a pilot light!! I think I 'll try that. thanks!

Quote:
and just where do I find soft red wheat?

I would like to give this a try.

If you have a Whole Foods or other similar store with 'bulk' bins, they'll probably have it. If not, you can order it at:
http://www.sproutpeople.com/
They have lots of sprouting supplies, seeds, grains, and tons of information.

I just started some pearl barley that i got from the grocery store.. it was with the dried beans and rice. Didn't know if it would sprout or not...but it did!
big_smile.png
Another day or so and it should be good to go. For those of you looking for a warm place.... Use your oven with ONLY the oven light turned on..no heat, just the light.. it warms it right up just like a light bulb over a brooder box. I let my bread rise in my oven with just the light turned on and that works well too.

Back
Top Bottom