Anyone Collect Antiques? (Pics)

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
My grandma has some really old cookbooks from around 1909 to 1916. She also has a really old Woody Woodpecker plush still in the origional wrapping it was shipped in.

cabincrazyone

Songster
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
NE Minnesota
Seeing that beautiful cookstove reminded me that I have photos of my stoves at the cabin. The gas range is a 1936 Magic Chef ... it does all the cooking at the lake. On the opposite wall is the enameled cast iron wood burning heater.

Last edited:

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
Quote:OH my, I have boxes and boxes of salt and peper shakers that were my D grandmothers and she's been gone for 40 years. They were passed to my mother and then me. Would you like to see some pic's of the one's I have in the house.

Yes please post some pics!

Well here's one pair. I know I have more but I think they are packed up. These are only about 1 1/2 inches tall.

chicnfarmer, I love your tractor.

cabincrazyone

Songster
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
NE Minnesota
Quote:Ditto! (insert jealous smiley here)

Thank you both. I'm crazy about it! I didn't mention the collection of S&P shakers above the stove. They're not really antiques, I suppose. I also have several made-in-Japan spice racks from the 1930s. Some are mounted on the wall to the right of the Magic Chef. They were very popular in their day, and made in many themes. I collected all the different chicken sets I could find on eBay.

BarefootMom

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Half Way, Missouri
Oh yes! It is something my husband and I both enjoy!

Hubby collects old tractor tools- preferably ones that say John Deere, IH, Case, ect. He also has several Ford tools and just some funky looking ones. He also collects barbed wire and many other things.

I collect enamelware dishpans, refrigerator pans, and enamelware stock pots- (my collection is getting too big)

Also I collect Hazel Atlas Mason jars and (other unique brands) I have am picky though because of space issues. I also like to find old rubber rings-seals still in the boxes and other canning decorations. I like the vintage look.

Don't have any current pics of anything. But I am always looking for a good deal!

saltandpepper

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Lot's of nice collecting going on. I have lots of different things. Butter churns, hurricane lamps,crocks,rug beaters,wash boards etc... Had to get rid of some things when we moved from our home in town to the farm. No place to go with it , and no storage. The house in town had a nice attic and shed to store things . Our home here at the farm is an underground so no attic, smaller living space and no storage. It was hard to part with a lot of things. Still haven't gotten a lot of things out that I just couldn't part with.

Top Bottom