Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

I have my humidity at 70%. Last hatch I struggled to keep it above 60. I did have a few die before pipping, I think they got stuck in there, so I'm trying a bit higher humidity this time. I think I see a few eggs wiggling.

We're also on lockdown...We have ONE egg left from a batch of 6 so hoping this one survives...She's a wiggler for sure, almost responds to our voices every time!...Good luck!

P.S. We also thought our Humidity was too low last time costing us a couple of chicks and now have it at 72-73% consistently during lockdown(still air Hovabator)...

Last edited:
Good luck on that last egg - keep us posted!
fl.gif

I bumped the humidity up to 70% about a few hours ago. I won't touch the eggs anymore! My instincts were wrong, lol.

Last edited:
I start lock down tomorrow night.
wee.gif
Every batch is so exciting. I can't wait!!!!
pop.gif
I have 41 BR in the still air bator.
fl.gif
My last batch of BR 37 out of 41 hatched in a forced air bator.
ep.gif
I hoping I have the same luck.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif
ya.gif
good luck to all and I look forward to pics.

YAY!! Woke up this morning and I have 1 pip!!! It is actually my mystery egg from my BO hens. Gotta work today so hopefully I will have some more pips when I get home at 3!!
wee.gif

Well, here it's count down, not lock down. This is a staggered hatch. Yesterday three hatched at 60% humidity.

I have two marans from a disasterous shipment of eggs due Friday but mine have been running solidly 20 days so I won't be surprised on Thursday.

Behind those are three eggs abandoned by a first time idiot broody.

And last but not least the replacement marans crew.

Since I hand turn - lockdown doesn't actually happen. And I dry hatch to keep from drowning or compromising the following hatches. I shoot for never more than 65% but sometimes depending on number hatching it'll crawl to 70% and that's usually safe.

It's been kind of a wild experiment since shipments and broodies started giving me no choice about staggered hatches but I have it worked out.

I'm hopeful that after one more shipment of eggs I can put away at least one of these bators. LOL.

The second is being used as an interim brooder for 1-3 day olds at this point. This crew of chicks is going under a broody turkey hen tonight - she's losing too much weight trying to hatch her first eggs and sucking at it. I'll yank the turkey eggs and candle them at the same time - but I'm not hopeful. First time broodies have often poor averages. They have two of five eggs remaining...

So here's to the end of the week - go everyone's FUZZIES!!!!

I'm on lock down too with 5 silkie eggs. I candled last night and put in the hatcher. I have one that I don't know if it will make it. The air cell is on the side. So I put it on its side with the air cell up. I had 32% humidity for the first 18 days and now I have them in the hatcher at 65% humidity. Crossing my fingers as the last hatch did not go so great, they were a little sticky. I had 4 out of 12 fully developed but did not pip.

Walkswithdog - good luck with that staggered hatch. I've never done a staggered hatch before & it sounds a little hectic. I hope you get some marans to hatch. I was given 3 marans eggs that I started with this set, but they were not fertile - no rooster. The girl that gave them to me didn't realize, oh well.

hangin'witthepeeps - You better post pics of those silkies when they hatch!!

slickchick - I'm jealous of your pip!!! My eggs are lazy... they're just sitting there! I think the 2 power outtages might have resulted in an "on time" hatch for me. I usually get a pip on day 19.
Well, Day 19 isn't over yet. I guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.
I'd rather have happy, healthy chicks on time than a poorer hatch rate with an early hatch. Congrats on your pip!

*looks into 'bator* "Wake Up!"
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom