Anyone have Blue Wheaten Ameracaunas?

countyroad1330

Thunder Snow 2009!
13 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Oklahoma!
I hear these are hard to find purebred, but I would LOVE a pair, standard or bantam. I will even hatch eggs, if they are purebred.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links! I can't believe there is actually a breeder listed in Oklahoma! I don't think they have Wheaten, though. I have been warned about hatcheries, and I don't want to order a large amount anyway. So, why does a Georgian have a 'sooner' name??

Last edited:
I have 10 Standard Wheaton Ameracana chicks right now... 5 boys 5 girls.... how many do ya want??
lol.png

I can ship them when the weather warms up... wouldnt want to send chicks now.... they are about 4-6 weeks old. I dont have photos of the chicks but I can take some for you.

They lay robins egg blue eggs. One hen is laying now, but Id be afraid of freezing during shipping.

Here is their daddy.
wheatenmale.jpg

and here is one of his daughters from this year.

wheatonpullet.jpg

These photos are not current, but I could take more if ya want.

They are so pretty! Is the roo in Soonerdog's avatar an Ameraucana? I wanted Wheaten, but I didn't realize there were so many colors. Where could I find decent pictures of all the colors?

I was wanting eggs instead of chicks, because shipping is so expensive on live birds, and it would be hard to open a box and find deceased chickies.
sad.png

Countyroad, the roo in my avator is an Ameraucana......I guess you could say. He is a cross between pure Wheaten Ameraucana and pure White Ameraucana. I guess you could call him a Red Pyle version of Ameraucana.
idunno.gif

But, not really. As it stands, any crossing of different ameraucana color varieties that does not yield a color that is recognized or accepted by APA, ABA, and the Ameraucana Breeders Club, the cross is considered to be an "Easter Egger".
th.gif

He is a very gentle bird and a one of a kind. Too bad, I don't have a hen like him, nor do I have the original birds he was bred from in order to make the same cross again.

Try this link to see the recognized color varities in the Ameraucana breed.

http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

http://www.ameraucana.org/DnLd/BreedersDirectory.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the helpful information everyone! After looking at pictures I realized that the color I am interested in is Blue Wheaten. I had no idea what a rare chicken I was looking for!

Back
Top Bottom