Anyone have fish?

Good thing your building them a pond because four goldfish I don't think would survive in a 20 gallon.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't keep them in there permanently! If I wasn't building a pond I would buy a bigger tank or a stock tank and might still do thar for winter but I've always wanted a pond.

I have 4 goldfish right now. They're in a 20 gallon long because they were tiny at first but now they've definitely outgrown that tank so I'm planning on building them a pond soon.

Here are some recent pictures, all taken a few days ago.

View attachment 1446796 View attachment 1446797 View attachment 1446799 View attachment 1446800 View attachment 1446801 View attachment 1446802 View attachment 1446803 View attachment 1446804 View attachment 1446805 View attachment 1446808 View attachment 1446809

I had six but two died soon after I got them :(

They're about a year and a half old because I got them January of last year.

I have also had several bettas and my most recent one about 4 years ago was in a 10 gallon planted tank. Originally he was in like a 5.5 that was almost totally bare and sharp plastic plants and he was kind of sickly but then I learned more about fish and it was suggested he needed more hiding places, bigger tank, etc. So I spoiled him and upgraded to a 10 gallon, bought a bunch of plants, a heater that actually worked, etc. And he thrived and got way healthier but then he died unexpectedly one day, not sure why. The tank was a lot of work to maintain though with the plants anyway so I don't miss that but I do miss the fish. I loved that little guy. I'm not sure if I have any pictures of the tank or not.
Yeah, you need to get those fish into a bigger tank or a pond ASAP. How big are you planning on making the pond?

I have four 40 gallon tanks, I keep goldfish in two of them, two baby frontosa cichlids in one, and a flowerhown in the other. I have a 75 gallon with 3 electric blue haps, I have a 20 gallon with a small koi, and I also have a 1500 gallon pond with goldfish and koi. I also have an empty 180 gallon aquarium that I got a few months ago that I need to build a stand for, after I do that, I plan to get a Jardini Arowana.
Got any pictures? :D

BFEDBA72-38E9-406A-9F92-FAB4DA485973.jpeg
My planted tank. Looks pretty sparse relative to my old pressurized CO2 setup.

At one time I had a 45G bow front corner tank, 55G and 20G tank upstairs, and (14) 20G tanks down stairs. I was breeding angel fish. The upstairs tanks were covered with grow lights, and had a mickey mouse CO2 system. Grew plants like crazy. Every month or so, I'd take out a bucket full of plants and live bearers and haul them off to the pet shop. Gave up my tanks to get chickens. I can only do justice to one "hobby" at a time.

Back
Top Bottom