Anyone have fish?

I used to have my 75 gallon set up as a tropical community tank and once as a South American cichlids tank. I had a 14 inch long oscar who I loved. I had to break it down because my family ran into some financial troubles. :(
I would love to set it up again, I have all the filters, heaters, ornaments, & water test kits still. It just gets to be so expensive sometimes. I had major die offs when I kept it as a tropical community tank and I lost hundreds of dollars worth of fish. When I do set it up again I will use my 20 gallon long as a quarantine/hospital tank. Gosh I miss my piranha Jaws, such a cute little bugger. I really want to get into salt water fish, but they’re even more expensive than freshwater fish :barnie
If you guys have any good books on freshwater and saltwater fish please share them, as I’m always looking to add more books to my personal collection.

Everyone's tanks look so great, especially that coral reef tank my goodness *-*

I used to have a 10 gallon with a beta and cherry shrimp, but it's actually quite a bit of maintenance to keep up a fish tank properly. Between college and moving, they had to be given up :hit

My ultimate dream would be a 300 gallon with a quad of albino tiger oscars - preferably veiltail varieties. Oscars are absolutely my favorite fish, they're so cool.
I love oscars! Mine would spit water at me if I left the lid of the tank open. :gig

Everyone's tanks look so great, especially that coral reef tank my goodness *-*

I used to have a 10 gallon with a beta and cherry shrimp, but it's actually quite a bit of maintenance to keep up a fish tank properly. Between college and moving, they had to be given up :hit

My ultimate dream would be a 300 gallon with a quad of albino tiger oscars - preferably veiltail varieties. Oscars are absolutely my favorite fish, they're so cool.
Thanks. I would love a 300 gallon reef tank!
I love oscars! Mine would spit water at me if I left the lid of the tank open. :gig
My clams spit on me! They spit like 2 feet high of water!

I currently have 2 tanks running, come fall it will go back to 3 when my big goldfish come in from my raised pond. I have a 125 and a 55 for goldfish and a 75 for tropicals. Mostly angels, Cory cats, gourami, and black skirt tetras. At one time I had 11 going but I have been downsizing.

I have four 40 gallon tanks, I keep goldfish in two of them, two baby frontosa cichlids in one, and a flowerhown in the other. I have a 75 gallon with 3 electric blue haps, I have a 20 gallon with a small koi, and I also have a 1500 gallon pond with goldfish and koi. I also have an empty 180 gallon aquarium that I got a few months ago that I need to build a stand for, after I do that, I plan to get a Jardini Arowana.

aAy6g9G.jpg

Here's a couple of mine. My whole bedroom is full of them though (at least two on each wall), I love being surrounded by them on all sides because you feel like you're underwater in your own secret jungle river grotto and it's badass. Not to mention all the green from the live plants is super soothing in a bedroom. As soon as I get my chicken coop/run completed I'll start working on the empty 30 gallon I bought during Petco's last dollar-per-gallon sale, I'm debating on what to put in it though. I'd love a reef tank since all my current tanks are freshwater but they're a lot of work on top of five chickens, three dogs, and eight other aquariums.

I have 4 goldfish right now. They're in a 20 gallon long because they were tiny at first but now they've definitely outgrown that tank so I'm planning on building them a pond soon.

Here are some recent pictures, all taken a few days ago.

20180624_144718.jpg 20180624_144803.jpg 20180624_144842.jpg 20180624_144950.jpg 20180624_145003.jpg 20180624_145028.jpg 20180624_145030.jpg 20180625_170352.jpg 20180625_170416.jpg 20180625_170426.jpg 20180625_170440.jpg

I had six but two died soon after I got them :(

They're about a year and a half old because I got them January of last year.

I have also had several bettas and my most recent one about 4 years ago was in a 10 gallon planted tank. Originally he was in like a 5.5 that was almost totally bare and sharp plastic plants and he was kind of sickly but then I learned more about fish and it was suggested he needed more hiding places, bigger tank, etc. So I spoiled him and upgraded to a 10 gallon, bought a bunch of plants, a heater that actually worked, etc. And he thrived and got way healthier but then he died unexpectedly one day, not sure why. The tank was a lot of work to maintain though with the plants anyway so I don't miss that but I do miss the fish. I loved that little guy. I'm not sure if I have any pictures of the tank or not.

I have 4 goldfish right now. They're in a 20 gallon long because they were tiny at first but now they've definitely outgrown that tank so I'm planning on building them a pond soon.

Here are some recent pictures, all taken a few days ago.

View attachment 1446796 View attachment 1446797 View attachment 1446799 View attachment 1446800 View attachment 1446801 View attachment 1446802 View attachment 1446803 View attachment 1446804 View attachment 1446805 View attachment 1446808 View attachment 1446809

I had six but two died soon after I got them :(

They're about a year and a half old because I got them January of last year.

I have also had several bettas and my most recent one about 4 years ago was in a 10 gallon planted tank. Originally he was in like a 5.5 that was almost totally bare and sharp plastic plants and he was kind of sickly but then I learned more about fish and it was suggested he needed more hiding places, bigger tank, etc. So I spoiled him and upgraded to a 10 gallon, bought a bunch of plants, a heater that actually worked, etc. And he thrived and got way healthier but then he died unexpectedly one day, not sure why. The tank was a lot of work to maintain though with the plants anyway so I don't miss that but I do miss the fish. I loved that little guy. I'm not sure if I have any pictures of the tank or not.
Good thing your building them a pond because four goldfish I don't think would survive in a 20 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom