Anyone know where I can get Dark Olive Green Eggs?

honeydoll

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
Stark County, NE Ohio
I read a post awhile ago about someone who's chickens laid dark olive green eggs, anyone know of this. I mean those eggs were seriously dark green. Not sure if it was on BYC or not. They looked so cool. I would love to get a chicken that laid those.

I am trying to creat those with Ameraucana hen with FBCM roo. Ruth has them I have chicks and first generation eggs only so far
smile.png

That Olive Egg thread is what prompted my latest chicken additions (AKA: chicken addiction relapse). So far wanting that beautiful color in my egg basket has cost about $160.00. It has encouraged me to rehome the last few rabbits from our rabbitry because I want the space for chicken breeder pens, so in the end it saves me rabbit food and medical expenses right...right?

Sonew's eggs really are beautiful. That is my goal for my olive egg color.

Quote That Olive Egg thread is what prompted my latest chicken additions (AKA: chicken addiction relapse). So far wanting that beautiful color in my egg basket has cost about $160.00. It has encouraged me to rehome the last few rabbits from our rabbitry because I want the space for chicken breeder pens, so in the end it saves me rabbit food and medical expenses right...right?

Shhhh! Not too loud, I don't want my DH to hear. And he bought me the Brinsea

Ha,ha, in my world we'd call your hubby an "enabler" for buying that sweet incubator for you. LOL I like the 40 egg model that has the turner and the humidity piece attached to it. Set the eggs and begin the 21 days countdown. Actually I enjoy the challenges my LGs offer. At the end of the hatch I feel like I had some part in it all Vs being an innocent bystander.

And not having the rabbits will save me in rabbit feed (yeah i know I'll just spend it on more chicken feed). And I can convert their old space instead of building a new building so chickens over rabbits means I've already saved a few hundred dollars! Ha, math like that is why I am not an engineer, scientist, or accountant.

Oh well, this is still cheaper than most addictions I know of and I can sell, eat, or cuddle the byproduct of it all.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom