Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

Quote:
WOW! That's a tough diet to follow!! If you want, I will do it with you, so you have extra support. Diabetes runs in my family, so I am very sympathetic. I hope you can get healthy. PM me if you think you may need a partner!

I'm in. I've already lost about 10 pounds in the last 6 months by cutting down on my carbs and sugar. I drink half sweet/unsweet tea instead of the grossly sweet southern tea, and no more sodas. I buy Dreamfields pasta which has a low glycmic index. I also keep mixed nuts to munch on instead of chips. So, here goes.

Age- 42
Ht- 5"6
current wt.-154
goal wt.- 130

I hope to lose 25 pounds.

Checking in. I thought I did pretty good today, as a small Frappe replaced lunch lol. I haven't ate anything since dinner, and turned down the pudding my mom offered to make.
big_smile.png
I also had one small piece of the apple pie we made yesterday, when usually I would have about 2 large pieces a day. I also had a small glass of choco milk this morning instead of a large one. And potato soup for dinner. Its a start!

Starting Weight-148# [yesterday, same time]
Current Weight-147#
Goal Weight-125#
Height-5' 4''

I have weighed myself about 7 times today. lol We are all in this together!

Cara, you are so right. I am considered ''overweight'' now, but I could weigh 90 pounds and be healthy. There is a girl in our 4-H club who my height and weighs 90 pounds. She looks like she could fall over with the push of a finger. She is pale as a ghost. She is in her mid/late teens and has a completely flat chest, yet her sister who is 5 years younger than her [healthy weight] has a chest. Size 0 jeans look loose on her. She doesn't eat anything hardly. I can't believe she actually has the physical strength to handle horses. So according to the BMI thing, she is a healthy weight and I am not.
Ashlyn

I'm in! I need to lose about 48 lbs. I lost some last year before my wedding, then gained it back plus a few.
sad.png
Since I met my DH, I have gained about 30 lbs. My weight gain is mostly due to school...too much homework and studying 7 days/wk and not enough exercising. That and not eating healthy (why can't schools offer healthy options? Fast food only? Seriously?). Anyway...I am done with all my classes (just need to finish my thesis). I start work full-time Jan 18th and get my weekends and evenings back!!! YAY!! I finally get to go hiking on weekends again! Since I don't crave sweets, etc, I don't follow a "diet", but rather just eat healthier and control portions. Plus, my best friend and I go out line dancing for exercise (we haven't been since last spring due to my schooling and she had knee surgery). We are excited to start doing that again since she has the same amount of weight that she'd like to lose.

Height: 5'5"
Current weight: 168
Goal weight: 120

According to my scale this morning, I've lost 0.5 lbs... which is probably due to the fact that I was wearing no pajama pants at AM weigh in... but anyway, it gave me a little bit o' hope! Yesterday I had eggs for breakfast, and a small piece of chocolate cake... (yes, I know.. bad me... small was like 1.5"x1.5", home made on the first for DH's birthday), lunch was a piece of reheated shrimp pizza and a glass of skim milk, and dinner was fake turkey, some mashed potatoes (not a lot), and some peas... i don't think I ate any fruit at ALL... I snacked on carrot sticks though... a few different times...

Had to wait tables last night and made it through my entire shift without drinking pop!
woot.gif
That is a first for me in 5 years! I stuck to ice water with lemon but I have to tell you that it just about killed me to not have pop. I always eat in the break room before my shift and there are always these lovely little yeast sweet rolls that I adore in there left from the breakfast buffet that I normally will scarf down 4 easy but I was brave and limited myself to just one. Since I have such a sweet tooth, I will have to wean myself off of everything sweet and gooey and yummy! Now, if I could just make myself get on the exercise bike on the days I don't wait tables, I'd be doing good!
roll.png

I walked yesterday, specifically went geocaching with the family. It was great weather, cool and sunny. Unfortunately, today I'm sneezing my head off, my nose is running and my eyes itch. I HATE cedar pollen. We're having wonderful weather, and it makes me feel awful every time I go outside.

My goal is 364 days of exercise. I can't make 365 because I missed New Years Day.

So far, so good. Looks like I've managed to lose some water weight during the past week. My normal weight for the past month was about 250 and this morning is about between 245 and 247. I can usually get down to about 244 and then any weight loss stops, so we'll see about this time! If I can get down to 230 something, that would make me a very happy person! I'm planning to start back at the gym tomorrow since I'm feeiling better. I had stopped when I got a sinus infection last week.

Back
Top Bottom