April 15th- New Brinsea Owner Hatch Along

Quote:
Actually it will easily hold 30 eggs. you will have to check out my pictures.
tongue.png

Quote:
Awww man you shouldn't have told me that!!!! Now I will be out of control!!

I know. Now I am trying to fin 6 more eggs so how by tomorrow!!!!!

Would you guys mind if I set tonight? I got my shipped eggs today and sadly many are at least 10 days old so I really need to get them in the incubator. I have some more coming tomorrow and I will set them tomorrow night so we will still be setting together on Friday. This really sucks because likely half my eggs are too old. Guess we will see,

Ok I got it set up and running. Now I am kinda freaking out!! I have some questions:

When I set the eggs do I do it with the bator off and turn it on once they are all set or can I just leave it running until tomorrow and set them in the running bator?

Mine is the EX with the humidifier. Do I still need to put water in the channel under basket? Note: When I did it this way first the humidity skyrocketed!!

Is the vent always supposed to stay at halfway?

When do I turn off the autoturn cradle?

Do I take the separators out after I turn off the autoturn cradle?

Quote:
Here are the answers I know maybe someone else can help with the rest. You want to stop turning on day 18. You can either just unplug the turner or remove the brinsea from the turning stand. You want to keep your incubator running. Instructions say tp let it run for at least an hour before setting the eggs so I would just let it run for the night. I have had mine running since the day I got it along with the turner as well ince case it didnt turn for some reason. I am doing a dry incubation so I have my vent all the way open and will adjust it when I need to. I put like 4 tablespoons of water in one of the channels and it is at about 35% which is perfect!!! I do not have the EX so I dont know about the humidifier.

Ok thank you. I have a notebook and I am making notes as I go so I can refer to them a lot easier if needed. I am really excited about this but also really nervous. I have the bator on my kitchen counter right now but going to move it into my office tomorrow before I set eggs so I can close the door. I have psycho cat and I don't want to take any chances of her getting into it!!!

Back
Top Bottom