April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Wow! Bravo to you! You're giving them a chance the wouldn't have had otherwise! I feel like with us incubating them in an unnatural environment that even when they aren't shipped a little assistance isn't going to hurt anything. I do have a lot less issues with non shipped eggs though!

Oh I totally agree. I am just not sure I’ll dive right in to a bunch of non-pipped eggs right away if they were from my flock, but I don’t hesistate with the shipped ones. I can’t believe all 4 are breathing and doing the cute little chewing thing absorbing their yolks. I plan on leaving them overnight. Oh, and thanks again for always being here for a pep talk!

Thank you! I am so excited to follow along your hatch!!! What day do you plan to candle first?

I think day 7 is what I've been reading up on. I don't want to mess with them too much since I'm opening the bator 3 times a day now to turn them since I refuse to throw away one of the 8 eggs and the turner is for 7 :lol:

I figured out the breeds she gave me! There are two lavender olive eggers F1, one barred black olive egger F2 (I have no idea what this looks like!), one bielefelder, one lavender americauna, one mint egger, one black copper maran, and one buff blue columbian orpington! I've never had any of these at all besides the BCM... so now I'm just praying I can get all these babies to hatch.

I think day 7 is what I've been reading up on. I don't want to mess with them too much since I'm opening the bator 3 times a day now to turn them since I refuse to throw away one of the 8 eggs and the turner is for 7 :lol:

I figured out the breeds she gave me! There are two lavender olive eggers F1, one barred black olive egger F2 (I have no idea what this looks like!), one bielefelder, one lavender americauna, one mint egger, one black copper maran, and one buff blue columbian orpington! I've never had any of these at all besides the BCM... so now I'm just praying I can get all these babies to hatch.

Oooh that’s so exciting!!! Such good ones. And I understand having to hand turn. I’ve definitely done it before so that I could fit more eggs but I never have to will power or patience to not candle at day 3 or 4. 😂

You're turning them anyway. I would do the evening turn by flashlight and sneak a peek (just a little one!) :oops: You can often see a little darker spot somewhere on the yolk by the end of D-1.

I candled 24 in the FI4250 and 21 look good for D7, 2 look like they have blood rings and 1 has a slushy air cell.
Saturday 4/4 at 5pm I set another 17 to hatch 4/26, which includes 5 EEs and hopefully they will make it this time(EEs) all 17 are shipped eggs

Attachments

• 20200404_165652.jpg
    20200404_165652.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom