April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
I put my goslings on lockdown once I started to see the air cell draw down which happened to be day 25. Earlier than expected for the breed I was hatching.
Thank you! My eggs are shipped so some of them are wonky in the air cell department. But I got lucky and one of them has a perfect air cell with no saddling whatsoever, so I'll use that as a base. It has definitely started to draw down, so I'll stop turning tomorrow!

Hi buddypalfriend! Joined your thread. I threw... 21 or 22 eggs in the incubator yesterday. I think they were:

6 salmon faverolle
4 silkie
3 copper marans
3 crested cream legbar
2 easter Eggers
(All ordered on Ebay)
4 of my own barnyard mix

Should hatch 4/24!
Hi neighbor! So glad you're joining us and I'm excited to follow along with your hatch ❤ lots of experienced people here to help us newbies learn.
I'm dying for you to candle them and you just set them yesterday lol :oops: .

You very well could have heard peeps then! An early internal pip may mean you'll start seeing external pips by tomorrow!
:yesss::wee:yesss: I hope I can wake up to more cheeps tomorrow, even if they aren't out yet. My husband finally explained why he took over the incubator. He grew up on a farm and was used to the life and death that go along with raising animals so the failure of our last hatch didn't bother him. He said what upset him was that the baby had had his collapse in my hands and whatching me breakdown over losing him. So of course, my husband to the rescue. The man knows how to earn brownie points:hugs

:yesss::wee:yesss: I hope I can wake up to more cheeps tomorrow, even if they aren't out yet. My husband finally explained why he took over the incubator. He grew up on a farm and was used to the life and death that go along with raising animals so the failure of our last hatch didn't bother him. He said what upset him was that the baby had had his collapse in my hands and whatching me breakdown over losing him. So of course, my husband to the rescue. The man knows how to earn brownie points:hugs
Aw, what a big heart he has!

Omg what a rush. I found the beak of the one that I couldn’t before. I had to peel so much shell back without ripping the membrane and then I saw a little spot where it had tried to do it and was able to free the beak. Quite a situation in my incubator. When my husband saw it he was like “what have you done?!” Lol. 4 chicks being assisted with their beaks exposed and all breathing. I don’t plan on assisting eggs like this when they come from my own flock, but since these were shipped and had horrible air cells I feel like they weren’t given a fair shot.

8A092CD1-2634-4BE1-A852-10F8535E55D8.jpeg

Omg what a rush. I found the beak of the one that I couldn’t before. I had to peel so much shell back without ripping the membrane and then I saw a little spot where it had tried to do it and was able to free the beak. Quite a situation in my incubator. When my husband saw it he was like “what have you done?!” Lol. 4 chicks being assisted with their beaks exposed and all breathing. I don’t plan on assisting eggs like this when they come from my own flock, but since these were shipped and had horrible air cells I feel like they weren’t given a fair shot.

View attachment 2075776

Wow! Bravo to you! You're giving them a chance the wouldn't have had otherwise! I feel like with us incubating them in an unnatural environment that even when they aren't shipped a little assistance isn't going to hurt anything. I do have a lot less issues with non shipped eggs though!

Back
Top Bottom