April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Yikes! Time for a stronger flashlight. One that's 800+ lumen should light those puppies right up.

I have a 2000 lumen one but the head is too big and I made a cardboard thiny to focus the light in a smaller area but it doesn’t work all that well. Going to try to figure it out tonight. I was going to candle them last night but fell asleep too early. 😅

Screenshot_20200323-140628_Instagram.jpg

I started a little early as my hens started laying and I just couldnt wait!!! This is the first of many that started ❤ this is a Serama!

I want to try again with BBS Ameraucanas so badly, I only got one out of five on my first hatch.
Last Spring, my banty Mille Fleur D'uccles went broody, ended up sitting 4 of her own and 8 BBS Ameraucana eggs. She managed to hatch 3 of the 8 (none of her 4), but the one Splash died at about 10 weeks old.. so, 3 of 8 seemed to be the success rate with hen incubation (though my Banty brand incubator may have been overloaded...)

I have a 2000 lumen one but the head is too big and I made a cardboard thiny to focus the light in a smaller area but it doesn’t work all that well. Going to try to figure it out tonight. I was going to candle them last night but fell asleep too early. 😅
I have 4 flashlights for candling. I keep eyeballing another one (I'm looking at you, @CluckNDoodle ) but haven't quite been able to justify another one.

2000 lumen will definitely do the trick with some rigging. Looking forward to your candling update.

I have 4 flashlights for candling. I keep eyeballing another one (I'm looking at you, @CluckNDoodle ) but haven't quite been able to justify another one.

2000 lumen will definitely do the trick with some rigging. Looking forward to your candling update.

So far I have two and am definitely going to get a third one that is bright enough AND the right size. I am anxiously awaiting dark so that I can candle. I have a bad feeling about the entire batch and would love to know if my gut is right or wrong. 😬

Day 11! I'm a day behind on candling *cuts eyes at husband cough cough* sooo of the original 38 we sat 9 were clear and 2 had blood rings. The rest are showing good development except for 2 maybes. We moved everybody around in the incubator to help off set possible hot or cold areas. Mr. Sparkles was not on his A game this go around clearly. Don't really know if we're doing better or worse this go round but I know I'm definitely not touching/ messing with the incubator as much 😒

Back
Top Bottom