April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Lock-down.

of the 68 Aloha eggs, 49 made it to lock-down
of the 8 CCL eggs 4 made it to lockdown. (these are the first eggs of size from teh new flock)
of the 12 F1 olive eggers 6 made it to lock-down

I have to say I really like the looks of the CCL X LB cross (from March's hatch). These chicks have fantastic coloring so far. And while I would like to say they are auto-sexing, with one batch it is to early to tell for sure, but the ones with the white head spots from this cross are developing like males

Happy birthday baby ducky!
20200408_090524.jpg

The other two pips look like they have made progress. No additonal pips yet!

See I was thinking that too - maybe the awful air cell is making it hard to turn. I am just kind of worried about it since the egg was wiggling more than I’ve ever seen an egg wiggle last night. I thought for sure it would be hatched when I woke up this morning...
So they can still hatch on their own with a viewing window opened up? I’ve yet to have one pip and zip after I’ve opened the top so I didn’t realize that.

Yes, when you open an air cell to peek if everything is in good order then the only thing you need to worry about is keeping the membrane moist. They can actually completely zip as if it were never opened. By the time we open most eggs it's because they do need assistance so most of the time you won't get to witness this, but I have.

RIP little fella. I opened the egg because I’m way too impatient apparently and he had passed. His little beak was pressing up into the air cell like he had tried to internally pip with no luck. Pretty sure it was a wing over head malpo. 5/6 locked down hatching is my best success rate yet tho.

:hugs I'm sorry, that is a great hatch though!!!

I candled my Button eggs and removed 2 clears from a group of 12, so hopefully I'll have a good hatch! I'm excited, it'll be my first batch of Buttons! Plus I've got 3 duck eggs supposed to hatch this weekend!!!
View attachment 2079835

I'm so excited about your button quail hatch! I absolutely love buttons!

I candled my Button eggs and removed 2 clears from a group of 12, so hopefully I'll have a good hatch! I'm excited, it'll be my first batch of Buttons! Plus I've got 3 duck eggs supposed to hatch this weekend!!!
View attachment 2079835
I finally got quail 🙈 I'm nervous about them though.

What are you going to do with the buttons? Just for eggs and pets?

They're so easy to hatch! They're literally like watching popcorn pop! You're going to love it!
I have snowy, pearl, tuxedo, and I forget the last one. I'm just hoping that they're really those colors considering I've been wanting snowy and pearls for months!

We have so many eggs about to hatch. I'm going to have to start butchering soon.

Back
Top Bottom