April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Can I play?

Set 12 SDW and BBR OEGB pure and cross eggs in my Brinsea Eco Mini on March 41. ETA: 3/19-3/2.

Did my first candling this morning officially and could spot vascularization in all but one egg. It looks very porous for some reason and is hard to visualize.

Scene the evening of the 31st right after loading so the numbers on my secondary thermometer look a little wonky.
View attachment 3454126
I'm proud of this hatch. This will be my bantams 4th generation. I bought the breeding stock as vaccinated birds thanks to spending the previous three years fighting Marek's disease.

There is life with and after Marek's!
Welcome!

Hey, could y'all possibly help me? I don't want to make a thread, I just need quick help.
So in a nut shell, one of my chicks didn't absorb all the yolk sack, and as it was walking around the wire floor in the gator it looked like it possibly cut open?
20230404_105151.jpg

Will this chick be ok? To me it seems like this chick has lost a lot of blood for it's size.
If it'll be struggling, is there anything I could give it to help?
All the blood in this picture is from the chick.
20230404_105140.jpg

What’s up?
This little guy...
So in a nut shell, one of my chicks didn't absorb all the yolk sack, and as it was walking around the wire floor in the gator it looked like it possibly cut open?
View attachment 3455232
Will this chick be ok? To me it seems like this chick has lost a lot of blood for it's size.
If it'll be struggling, is there anything I could give it to help?
All the blood in this picture is from the chick.
View attachment 3455233

I have a bit of an odd question for people, do you count from the day you set eggs as being day one or from the day after you set?

Back
Top Bottom