April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Hey, could y'all possibly help me? I don't want to make a thread, I just need quick help.
So in a nut shell, one of my chicks didn't absorb all the yolk sack, and as it was walking around the wire floor in the gator it looked like it possibly cut open?
20230404_105151.jpg

Will this chick be ok? To me it seems like this chick has lost a lot of blood for it's size.
If it'll be struggling, is there anything I could give it to help?
All the blood in this picture is from the chick.
20230404_105140.jpg

What’s up?
This little guy...
So in a nut shell, one of my chicks didn't absorb all the yolk sack, and as it was walking around the wire floor in the gator it looked like it possibly cut open?
View attachment 3455232
Will this chick be ok? To me it seems like this chick has lost a lot of blood for it's size.
View attachment 3455233

View attachment 3455232
View attachment 3455233
You can put the chick in a teacup or other small container it can't get out of, with some soft fabric (towel?) so it doesn't move around until the yolk is absorbed. Keep the cup in the brooder.

hmmmmmm bantams have been known to hatch from day 18-21 or your heat is off and it has been a little high so cooking them a bit faster.

oh no so you are going to miss most of the hatches. :( I was gone for an HOUR when my first one hatched and my husband was texting my daughter, who was with me, freaking out on what he had to do, it was trying to push out of the egg, then it was that it was flopping around, then it was that it was starring at him wanting to come out etc. haahaa. he is a bit better now but not sure he is at dealing with it on his own yet. LOL
I always love how they all rush to the sides and want you to cuddle them, it’s so sweet!

I have a bit of an odd question for people, do you count from the day you set eggs as being day one or from the day after you set?

Back
Top Bottom