Aquarium thread

Where do you live? Certain tricks work in certain areas. Or what kind of wildlife are eating your fish? I assume Florida because your friend was keeping an Oscar outside, but it would be best to know for sure.

I live in Texas! Wildlife eating the fish include: cats, raccoons, blue herons, cranes, birds that escaped from the zoo etc. also I have a bad algae problem anyone have suggestions for that?

I might get some mollies for an empty 15 gallon I have. Anything I should know before I buy any? I know some of the basics but not a whole lot. I heard they are brackish fish so I'm supposed to add a tea spoon of aquarium salt. I've only done ponds and not aquariums but I'm interested in owning one.

Last edited:
The do prefer slightly brackish water, but can live without it. In my experience, they have been pretty picky fish, but they are pretty. I have a 3 gallon planted betta tank, a 20 gallon with a bristlenose pleco, 6 tiger barbs, and 2 ram cichlids, and a 55 gallon tank with a red eared slider, a large common pleco, 3 crayfish, 15 goldfish, 20 minnows, and snails. That doent include the minnow breeding tanks or the crayfish rearing tanks or the leech bowls. :) Good luck on you fish tank!!!!!

The do prefer slightly brackish water, but can live without it. In my experience, they have been pretty picky fish, but they are pretty. I have a 3 gallon planted betta tank, a 20 gallon with a bristlenose pleco, 6 tiger barbs, and 2 ram cichlids, and a 55 gallon tank with a red eared slider, a large common pleco, 3 crayfish, 15 goldfish, 20 minnows, and snails. That doent include the minnow breeding tanks or the crayfish rearing tanks or the leech bowls. :) Good luck on you fish tank!!!!! 
Wow that a lot of fish!!! I ended up deciding to get some rosy red minnows they seem less picky. I really want some mushroom coral in a 5 gallon!

Back
Top Bottom