Are Cheetos organic?

Pics
If you ever doubt that your chickens are descended from dinosaurs just throw them a mouse. Fuzzy mammal kind not computer kind. Once they will prck to death and swallow whole. The other they will keep until you accidentaly drop your credit card and they will use it to order really expensive organic feed!(or maybe a bunch of cheetos)
Don’t worry I’ve already got proof they’re related
0CB4DAA0-7A90-4E03-A0F7-802D90DCFB1A.jpeg
13AE6985-7FFD-4D86-A471-D7F679A0FD6A.jpeg

Well, to start off with.. until the end of page 2.. I THOUGHT this discussion was on Cheerios! Which also are not organic. :D

@Eddie the Yeti, that person who said your eggs tasted organic and she can tell the difference.. um.. she might be an egg or two short of a full dozen! :oops: Please understand that shell thickness has to do with a lot of things including yes nutrition but more than that age of the bird, genetics, age of the eggs, how they were stored and so on. I use Flock Raiser with OS on the side, and I'm a treat tightwad.. my neighbors joke about my egg bouncing but not cracking.

Honestly.. my family thinks a LOT of things labeled as organic don't taste nearly as good. Another honesty.. whether you eat all organic or all synthetic.. you're STILL gonna die.. I haven't drank a drop of pure water in a decade.. But even those who drink only water every day are still dying while they point their finger at me! :hmm

Now Cheeto's.. I'ma go against the grain and say YUUUMMY! :drool And I like those natural puffy ones too. :wee

I liked Doritos and funyuns when I was younger but now.. they are meh at best. That holds true for a lot of things though.

I am making the switch when possible to LESS chemicals since more than half my immediate my family is dying or dead from cancer after being raised in California's central San Joaquin valley and coast where pesticides, herbicides, and agricultural dust abound.. breast x3, pancreas x2, liver, stomach, colon, Non smoker lung x2, cervical.. That's just off the top of my head.. Somebody's poisoned the water hole! (Toy Story head spin) My message to government, big pharma, big chicken, and big ANYTHING else... play nice..
Funny, my family lived on a citrus ranch growing up in Oxnard, CA (all ranch hands). I only physically lived there a short time, but my family lived there till I was 13, so I was always there. Most of them who worked or lived there 20+ years are passed away now, but it was the same thing. Our water was all Well water. I still remember them coming to my great grandma’s house spreading the word among all the families living there that we couldn’t drink the water anymore, we had to boil it or drink bottled water, because pesticides had seeped into the water. We all have HORRIBLE GI systems. My grandpa passed with horrible cancer in gastrointestinal system. Nothing was ever done about it (doubt that any of them ever thought that it was related to all the pesticides being sprayed right over us sometimes). Smh

Personal experience here
I moved to the sticks and was kinda forced to stop eating garbage food. Lived off eggs, meat, vegetables, and the occasional buckwheat pancake(my bf is gluten-free). I have no desire to eat junk food anymore. It’s gross really. I thought I wanted Funyuns last month but they were nasty.
Yes!!! Same EXACT thing (even with the funyuns) happened when me! I went keto after an unbelievable amount of research on food with certain medical conditions and 3 months in, It actually disgusts me to smell highly processed foods but at one point at a pool event, I reached for a funyun and literally had to refrain from spitting it out. Crazy how getting back to basics can reset you.

Also, this thread has me cackling! I am considering telling everyone I fed my girls exclusively organic cheetos and that's why the eggs are so incredible.

So I thought I would throw this out for opinions. A coworker was talking about some eggs I gave her and saying she could tell by the taste that they were organic. But the fact is I do not think I can say that they are. To start with I always start my chicks on medicated feed (Purina) It may not be organic but I have always had healthy chicks and don't see a reason to change. I also feed Purina Layena Crumbles to my adult birds and I do not believe that it is organic feed either, but they lay nice big eggs with thick shells and great orange yolks. They also get table scraps including leftovers from fast food places, old pizza, and yes, Cheetos. My wife buy the big bags of crunchy Cheetos, and since I am doing keto, they don't all get eaten and, when the start to go stale I give them to the chickens. this is by far their favorite treat and they attack them immediately and with gusto. I have a friend who only feeds organic, the feed costs 5 times as much and he has to add oyster shell for extra calcium. His eggs are comparable but he often talks about how thin and fragile the shells are (sometimes puts his thumb through one as he picks it up). So what, if anything is the advantage of "organic" eggs and can I consider mine organic if the girls are eating Cheetos?:D
Technically NO you will never pass USDA organic or Oregon Tilthe unless all the feed is organic.

we feed all organic, except any nonorganic table scraps (though we mostly eat organic too) but these eggs are not for sale. We want organic eggs!

why?
Not taste. Organic does NOT taste different. Most pesticides do not impart flavor!! Fresh free-range eggs taste different from store-bought ...and for all I know maybe the Cheetos made them extra flavorful with all that MSG😂
this is a common false claim about organics. People are often comparing Organic, farm fresh, small-farm produce to factory, force-ripened, shipped-from-Chile produce. Like I said pesticides are flavorless.

good for you for buying organic as much as you can!!

I buy organic food and organic feed to support organic farmers and take care of my own health and be part of the solution and not the problem on the planet: every time I buy the expensive organic layers mash, I just DONT LOOK at the other feed prices! We still get great eggs for a great price.

So WHY??
1. For the Earth.
A) critters - In conventional agriculture we humans are spraying billions of tons of pesticides across continent size landscapes. Pesticides are killing and severely injuring frogs, insects, “weeds” like milkweed and therefore butterflies, (monarch butterflies are in catastrophic decline), moths, and therefore birds (which are in catastrophic decline around the world) bats (which are under huge strain) and small mammals, and therefore raptors and predators across the planet. and “pesticide” is not singular, there are 1000’s of chemicals that we have synthesized to kill just about every insect, forb, deciduous tree, fungi. If you want to start learning look up with Atrazine and Neonicitanoids.

b) water With all the 100s of chemicals many leech into groundwater and creeks. Excessive use of fertilizers to compensate for depleted soils - are causing nitrogen runoff and deadly algae blooms thatpull oxygen out of water and kill aquatic life. The problem is so enormous that the waters of the whole Mississippi delta are becoming dead and causing huge ocean dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico where they flow out. This is destroying fisheries, jobs and ocean creatures - no fish also = no dolphins, porpoises whales etc.

c) soil.Maintaining healthy soil is a requirement of organic growing, that means compost instead of mined or petrochemical fertilizers (see above). It is about keeping solid alive and healthy with natural biome of good bacteria and fungi. Pesticides usedincessantly also destroy this biome so agriculture is happening on unsustainable dead or unhealthy soils

2. Human health
A) consumer... don’t need to say more than pesticide cocktail blech! Most humans across the world now test positive for pesticides in their blood and urine. Also in breast milk. We are on planet sized human experiment. No thank you. (And people are scared of a vaccine but eat all these unknown chemical cocktails EVERY DAY?!)

b) farm workers are a very vulnerable and exploited population. Most have to handle and spray pesticides and are either not taught to do it safely or prevented from doing it safely due to costcutting on protective equipment etc. they have high rates of illness and cancers

shall I go on?
It makes me feel good to support EVERY producer who is willing to do the work to farm organic. And I know I’m not killing life on earth!

keep it up and I forgive you the Cheetos 😂

Back
Top Bottom