Are these silkie eggs? And a weird Incubator!

Apr 16, 2019
So I acquired some organic chicken eggs. I set them in my homemade incubator. My homemade incubator does not make use of gas or electricity, I only use an old broken rice cooker as the housing with boiled water contained in a thermos located in the center and the eggs are wrapped around in it(the eggs are placed in the eco bag) that are then covered with a thick cloth on the top of the rice cooker to not allow the escape of heat making it look like a knoll with a digital thermometer above it. Originally they were 14, after day 4, two had a bloodring, 2 were infertile, and 1 quitted very early... My question is, are these silkie eggs? They're cream and brown! I need some answers please thanks!
Screenshot_2020-07-01-17-46-58.png

That's a very cool incubator build! I'd love to see more of it.

Those don't look like silkie eggs to me, silkie eggs are quite pale. Perhaps a cross or some other bantam? They do look the right size.

What day are you on? I hatched a bunch of silkie crosses recently and around day 10-14, I could tell which chicks were going to have pink or black skin. Tho those eggs are dark enough you might not get such a clear view as I had.

That's a very cool incubator build! I'd love to see more of it.

Those don't look like silkie eggs to me, silkie eggs are quite pale. Perhaps a cross or some other bantam? They do look the right size.

What day are you on? I hatched a bunch of silkie crosses recently and around day 10-14, I could tell which chicks were going to have pink or black skin. Tho those eggs are dark enough you might not get such a clear view as I had.
Thanks! I'm on day 6 now! So what possible breed of bantam is this? It might be a cross of what? Thanks again in advance!

Back
Top Bottom