At the Vet with our Buff Goose

E11D4DD1-61E3-4BEB-A458-EA1DED577862.jpeg
F508F495-8981-464C-89E1-F8D0D52BD08C.jpeg
The swallow of barium and another X-ray dye was all good ... no lacerations or punctures detected anywhere from the baling twine or the nail! They gave him fluids, some meds, did some lab work and we are on our way home. :)

We are to give him a med that coats and soothes his esophagus and GI tract three times daily for the next three days.

He seems a bit tired, as to be expected, but is already back to his normal self for the most part!

Thank you for caring and giving your good wishes our way! I’m sharing a pic of him on our ride home and with his previously, partially ingested materials in a baggie! Please learn from us and make sure no foreign objects are within reach or eyesight of your waterfowl!

P.S. OSU is emailing me copies of X-ray images from his swallow test. I will share them here when they arrive.

View attachment 1410923 View attachment 1410924 The swallow of barium and another X-ray dye was all good ... no lacerations or punctures detected anywhere from the baling twine or the nail! They gave him fluids, some meds, did some lab work and we are on our way home. :)

We are to give him a med that coats and soothes his esophagus and GI tract three times daily for the next three days.

He seems a bit tired, as to be expected, but is already back to his normal self for the most part!

Thank you for caring and giving your good wishes our way! I’m sharing a pic of him on our ride home and with his previously, partially ingested materials in a baggie! Please learn from us and make sure no foreign objects are within reach or eyesight of your waterfowl!

P.S. OSU is emailing me copies of X-ray images from his swallow test. I will share them here when they arrive.
WOOT!
Congrats to you both!
Drive safe.

F580EFB1-B0F1-440E-9D69-04B2A29FB180.jpeg
Thank you so much to each of you!

I have to say that I am so thankful he is such a calm and friendly goose. Every vet and staff member at both facilities was wonderful! At OSU Vet Hospital, as a teaching veterinary hospital, the attending veterinarian, as well as the resident, were telling a student that was up close to her first goose ... they both told her not to think all geese were like him, that he was definitely the exception to most geese that they see. When they had completed his x-ray swallow study, they invited us back to show us his results on the computer screen while the staff were doting all over him and he was following them and talking to them in his little mini-honk talk. :)

I will still share his swallow test x-rays once they arrive in my email.

Here is one more pic from our car ride home. He was using my hand (that was cradling his breast area) as a beak and headrest during our ride home. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom