Attaching plastic to run?

You will get holes anywear the plastic or tarp comes into contact with the hardware cloth. If you're going to drape it over the top, I would go with a canvas tarp, rather than a plastic one, and then use pipe insulation around the edges to prevent tears. Then I would use furring strips to attach the tarp to the run.

Or, if you're just planning on setting something up for a wind break a few straw or hay bales would do the trick - then at the end of the season, just toss the bales into their run to give em something to scratch in.

My run is hardware cloth. In the Winter when I receive a lot of snow.... to block that snow from entering the run I purchased PVC lattice and thick transparent plastic. I staple the plastic on one side of the lattice and I then hang the lattice with hooks onto the run. When it's a sunny day... I remove the lattice and put them aside. This has worked great for me...
Wow, that sounds brilliant!

Depends on the type of construction. In a really bad wind storm you may want the plastic to tear rather than have it pull the whole structure down.

i went with 6mm thick polycarbonate panels to avoid any tearing issues from plastic sheeting and because i don’t like the way tarps look.

i screwed then right into the framing of the run

398B5272-5036-4EB1-85EA-5B18964552DC.jpeg

they come in 4x8 sheets. how high off the ground is the horizontal bar on your run?
🤔 not home at the moment but might be 4’. Then three or four panels cut in half might cover the bottom half as a wind break of sorts. I’m just thinking of the wind actually grabbing the panels unless they over lap and have a hundred zip ties.
Looks like I should experiment with a piece or two. I wondered about running the widest longest 6 mil I can find attaching it to 4x4 on one side and rolling it over to the other side and attaching it to another 4x4?
But that’s a lot of expensive wood since each side is 12 1/5’ wide.

Back
Top Bottom