ATV Accident WARNING graphic pics Updated pics

I'm so sorry. Stories like this just turn my stomach. I don't know why people aren't more careful with their precious babies.
sad.png

I hope your grandson recovers soon and that he knows how lucky he is to have a grandpa that loves him and wants to keep him safe.

We raised him most of his life and he has never been seriously injured while in our care. But the few years he's spent with his mother, he's been beaten, abused, neglected and seriously injured and mostly by other people in his mothers life. I know accidents happen but if she had been awake and at least keeping an eye on him she may have noticed the recklessness of the driving or seen how dangerous driving in the mud was. I always think I worry too much. I don't allow him out in the woods because i'm afraid he'll get snake bit or hurt and can't get back. Since I don't go out in the woods with out somebody with me for fear I'll get bitten or hurt and can't get back. I can't carry him back if something did happen so he can only go out there with grandpa. I've watched a snake lunge out from the tall grass to bite one of our dogs so I know it can happen to people too. I don't even like him to play with his bb gun unless grandpa is home. I may be a worry wart but he's never been badly hurt in my care. He did wipe out on his bicycle once but he was showing off for some little girl.
roll.png

My daughter never had a broken bone, stitches, staples or anythng serious when she was a child. Colds and flu where her worst ailments. I kept her safe, I dn't know why she shows so little concern for her kids safety. She has the attitude that nothing will happen. It's mostly because she don't want to be bothered with having to be a parent and lets others take care of her kids while she sleeps or is gone. People get tired of tending to her kids and get to where they just don't watch them at all. We try to get them as much as we can. She likes to show she has the say so. I guess some people just aren't meant to be parents because I know several people that shouldn't be.

I looked at this whole ordeal as if there is something to learn here. If it was for her to be more attentive, it hasn't worked yet. She has been on the couch asleep most of the day. She got up during breakfast and just a few minutes ago she took him for a walk but she went downstairs and he waited in the lobby while she went out to smoke then they came back up. She's back on the couch falling back asleep. I guess i'm complaining but I dont want to say anything because she always makes a huge attraction out of anytime I say something to her about her lack of parenting no matter how subtle or straight forward I am about it. She would rather have me banned from this hospital than be told she should get up and wash the blood out of his cloths or help him use the bathroom. So I just do it, he don't need to be left at her mercy right now. He can't take care of himself like he usually does at home.

I think this belongs in the rant section. I'm just frustrated right now.

My prayers are with you and your grandson. I hope he heals well with no complications and I pray God will help his mother get a
rant.gif
clue. Unfortunately sometimes you have to turn over your children to God to change because it's out of your hands. God bless you and grandpa being there for this little angel.
hugs.gif

ATV's and cycles are so dangerous even helmets don't always work. My son lost a a good HS buddy this year do to a ATV flipping.

I was hoping she would be more cautious but that don't seem to be the case. Maybe it was meant to make him more cautious because he is pretty reckless. So far he says he's never getting on another 4 wheeler.

He was staying with us till school was out and a week before it was she called him and told him they got a 4 wheeler. Now I know it was a bribe to get him to want to go back with her. Thats a good way to get to him. He loves anything that is sporty especially if he can drive it.
droolin.gif

Well time to recharge the laptop.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and well wishes. Being in this situation with her here and not doing her part as a mother should is stressful and it's nice to be able to vent a bit and also inform others of the dangers of these ATV's and not wearing helmets. I know that sometimes a helmet can actually make matters worse but being cautious is better than not doing nothing at all. At least we make an effort to prevent injury.

I just need to put this out there too....

My brother was killed when he wasnt wearing a helmet riding a bicycle...he was cycling up to the gas station after he tucked his children into bed (2 boys ages 6 and 4), his g'friend was PG w/their
li'l girl...she's 10 now..She was born 9 days after he was killed...

Brad was brain dead and we were able to do organ/tissue donation and he saved/enhance lives...

please realize, it is NOT ONLY motorized vehicles of all kinds..it is the short fall to the ground from a bicycle too..had he had one on..he'd be alive today...

I am SOOO sorry about your grandson, makes my heart hurt something fierce!! I will say prayers for no infection and a quick, miraculous healing!!!

My brother was in a coma after an ATV accident.

He recovered.... mostly.

His head injury left him with a changed personality. Sixteen months later, at the age of 29, he killed himself.

He had two children, ages 5 and 6, that he left behind.

If you won't wear the helmet for yourself, do it for your loved ones. You can save them from a lifetime of sorrow.

Emvickrey, can you pursue custody of your grandson?

Momagain1, I am sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom