Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Just showing off my new look! lol :)

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Go to the 'OO ' online shop, they stock a few incubators. Yes you will find how to re calibrate in the manual. I used another thermometer inside the unit to check that it was accurate .
    Yes there are a few people down this way working on the silver laced Barney. Karen there is a lady down this way that has beautiful double laced barnevelder , but I think she only sells eggs. I bought some and hatched them for a friend. I'm not a big fan of barnevelder , found them to be a little aloof and one of the Roos was plain nasty. Paul Healy has been doing the shows around here and has managed to convince half the population that they need barnevelder s, hence , they have become a little over done around these parts. Each to their own, I just prefer my Wyandotte.

3. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Nice! The old one was much prettier .

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Tee hee Fancychooklady, thank you. I initially read that as much prettier than the old one! Lols :)
    This little guy sits on my desk at work and I was looking at him today thinking what a great avatar he would be so voila`

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

6. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I wouldn't worry too much about a degree.

7. cluckcluckluke

Ok, thanks [​IMG].

8. Karen Whitfield

Karen Whitfield Chillin' With My Peeps

I too am a Wyandotte Lover. But the look of these are quite amazing. Love your Coros as well. In the past have owned Barnevelders and light sussex, very briefly in Melbourne but always seemed to go back to my Wyandottes. Could only own a couple of chooks at a time because I was in the suburbs, but now in Tassie I'm in chook heaven.

9. Karen Whitfield

Karen Whitfield Chillin' With My Peeps

]
    Tell me how you go with your bator Luke, would not mind getting one myself later this year.

10. cluckcluckluke

The one I have already got or the one I might be getting?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by