Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Welcome and hi to all the newcomers!
Something funny happened with my two remaining girls at work yesterday. I took in all the lunch scraps from the preschool (crust city!) and as I was leaving the covered part of the coop, an ibis walked in, trying to freeload. The chickens went nuts! Both fluffed up and ran at the ibis, who panicked and started flapping and honking. Then the chooks threw themselves at it, making the most outrageous noises. I'm trying to shoo the ibis back out, three birds are flapping all over the place and the kid I'd taken in to "help" me (he has autism) started freaking out too. Managed to shoo the ibis out and calm the child, but the chicken kept on carrying on for ages afterwards. Too funny!
The boss wants to hatch chicks next year and introduce them into the coop. I'll be coming here for heaps of advice based on the behaviour of my two ladies yesterday...I don't think they like to share!

Well, my hatch is officially over with a 0% hatch rate
sad.png
But I plan on putting a new batch ( chicken eggs ) in tomorrow!!!

A few questions when cleaning my bator.

Should I detach all of the water tubes and clean them out or are they all alright to keep the same water in?

When I pulled my bator apart I found water in the base of the bator ( under the hatch section ). Is this normal?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom